Flexible Drum Machine for Practice, Production, and Performance
First introduced in 1990, the Alesis SR-16 drum machine remains relevant today thanks to its 24-bit sound engine and 233 natural-sounding drum sounds. Without programming a thing, you have access to 50 preset patterns played by pro drummers, and each preset includes, A and B variations plus two fill sections — perfect for sketching out song arrangement ideas. You can control playback via optional footswitches if you prefer, and the SR-16 even supports MIDI for even more comprehensive control. Whether you’re looking for a practice companion, a drum machine for songwriting, or a rhythm solution for your solo performances, we are sure you’ll be impressed with the versatile Alesis SR-16 drum machine.
Play, program, or sequence via MIDI
The Alesis SR-16 gives you a lot of options for creating realistic drum arrangements. With 12 velocity-sensitive pads, you can play rhythms directly in with your fingers. You can also perform more detailed programming and editing to fine-tune your patterns, or select from 50 preset patterns and tweak them to suit your music. And thanks to MIDI I/O, you can sequence or trigger your SR-16 from an external MIDI sequencer or DAW. Its flexible nature and great sounds are why the SR-16 remains relevant three decades after its initial release.
Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine Features:
- Programmable drum machine for practice, production, and performance
- MIDI in/out/thru with comprehensive MIDI support for advanced external control
- 233 drum sounds with 24-bit sound engine for dynamic, high-fidelity grooves
- Drum sounds are offered both dry and with reverb
- 12 velocity-sensitive drum pads for playing grooves manually
- 50 preset patterns played by pro drummers, with A/B variations plus two fills for each pattern
- Dual pedal inputs for Start/Stop and A/B Fill (requires non-latching footswitches, sold separately)
- Deep programmability from a simple interface
- Outputs for Main Left, Main Right, Aux L/R, and headphones
- 12V power adapter included
- Pads:12, velocity sensitive
- Analog Inputs:1 x 1/8″ stereo
- Analog Outputs:2 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/4″ stereo
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O:In, Out/Thru
- Power Source:12V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:2.5 lbs.