One Pedal for the Whole Stage
The BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer has all the processing power you need for your voice and guitar, so you can travel light. You can drum out beats and perform over them via the 80-second looper, add intelligent vocal harmonies on the spot, and dial in new textures – like vocal distortion and guitar octaves – for dynamic stage performances. Onboard pitch correction even helps you hit those awkward notes. You can then send pre-mixed or independent signals to your acoustic amp and PA via two sets of stereo outputs. Though its simple layout makes the BOSS VE-8 perfect for the stage, direct DAW recording over USB and an auxiliary audio input for your phone make this pedal a staple for your studio or practice space.
BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer at a Glance:
- Professional vocal preamp with onboard harmony, enhancement, and effects
- Acoustic Resonance and effects make your acoustic guitar come to life
- 80-second looper keeps your live shows dynamic
- Simple layout with USB recording and aux input
Professional vocal preamp with onboard harmony, enhancement, and effects
We know that trusting your vocals to a different sound engineer every night can rack your nerves. The BOSS VE-8 alleviates this by giving you full control of your vocal sound from the stage. A professional mic preamp with phantom power gives you a reliable front end for your ’58 or stage condenser. Onboard reverb to hard-edge electronic effects gets you as classic or modern a sound as you like. And the ability to call up harmonies on the spot is great for sweetening choruses. The VE-8 listens to the chords you’re playing and generates the correct harmony automatically with the touch of a switch – no music training or adjustments required. Of course, Fixed and Hybrid harmony modes are available for more rigorous recording applications.
Acoustic Resonance and effects make your acoustic guitar come to life
The convenience of under-saddle piezo pickups doesn’t come without a price. Many acoustic players will agree that these don’t always represent the unplugged sound of their instruments. The VE-8’s Acoustic Resonance enhancement helps to restore some of your guitar’s natural body plugged in. A notch filter helps squash feedback before it starts. Effects like reverb, chorus, and delay add space and texture to your accompaniment, and an onboard tuner keeps you sounding your best between songs.
80-second looper keeps your live shows dynamic
The BOSS VE-8’s built-in looper lets you experiment with rhythms, melodies, leads, and chord shapes in practice. Then take those ideas to the stage and impress your audience. You can drum or beatbox a rhythm and play chords over it, or hammer out a chord structure and play leads and sing over it. The BOSS VE-8 brings exciting band accompaniment to the solo stage.
Simple layout with USB recording and aux input
A large 3-button layout makes the VE-8 a natural for low-lit stages. But you’ll also get miles out of it in the studio or practice room. Direct recording over USB sends the BOSS VE-8’s quality sound directly into your DAW – no interface required. And a 1/8″ stereo input for your music player lets you learn covers in practice or play along with your own studio tracks onstage.
BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer Features:
- Full control of your vocals and acoustic guitar from the stage
- Professional mic preamp with phantom power accepts dynamics and condensers
- Vocal reverb, distortion, and electronic sounds add new textures to melodies
- Creates vocal harmonies in real time by listening to your guitar chords
- Chromatic pitch correction overcomes minor singing issues
- Acoustic Resonance takes the “quack” out of your guitar’s piezo pickup
- Includes BOSS Octave, Mod Delay, and Chorus pedal effects
- Notch filter fights guitar feedback issues
- Tuner keeps you sounding your best
- 80-second looper fleshes out ideas in practice and arrangements onstage
- USB output records directly into your computer
- Auxiliary input lets you learn cover songs or jam along to your own tracks
- Stereo 1/4″ and XLR outputs send concurrent signals to your amp and PA
- Runs on 6 AA batteries or the included power supply
All the processing power you need for your guitar and voice: with the BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer!
- Processor Type:Acoustic/Vocal preamp with Looping, Harmonizing
- Number of Channels:2
- Presets – Factory:Reverb, Chorus, Harmony
- Looper:Independent Guitar/Vocal Loops, 80 seconds loop time
- Analog Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (instrument), 1 x XLR (mic), 1 x 1/8″ (aux in)
- Analog Outputs:2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8″ (headphones), 1 x 1/4″ (external footswitch)
- USB:1 x Type B
- Computer Connectivity:USB
- Power Source:9V DC power supply or 6 x AA batteries
- Weight:2 lbs. 14 oz.