Hot-rodded PJ Bass from Charvel
Taking inspiration from their classic 1970s bass designs, Charvel serves up a hot-rodded, thoroughly contemporary instrument for demanding bass players with the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV. While the PJ IV has a familiar feel, a slew of modern upgrades — including a graphite rod-reinforced caramelized maple neck, a Charvel HiMass Bridge, and an active 3-band EQ — take this instrument into stunning new sonic territories. This combination of old-school aesthetics and contemporary appointments is also represented in the Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV’s DiMarzio P+J pickup set, which merges warm, vintage tones with pristine, hum-free operation. Onstage and in the studio, the Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV is an all-around excellent performer!
Familiar look with modern flair
The Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV inherits its sleek body shape from Charvel’s 1970s San Dimas basses. With its classic contours, the Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV has a familiar feel, but with a deep cutaway for accessing the upper register. A rear-control cavity rout design and the absence of a scratchplate put the alder body’s gorgeous gloss finish on full display and highlights the eye-catching cream pickup covers and glistening chrome hardware, including the rock-solid Charvel HiMass bridge.
Sweet-sounding DiMarzio pickups and active electronics
Underneath the Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV’s handsome cream pickup covers rests a DiMarzio P+J pickup set. Utilizing a hum-canceling design, this powerful duo delivers a warm, vintage tone with exceptional clarity. The Model P gives you gutsy midrange for inducing growl whenever you lay into your bass hard. While the Model J delivers a sensitive response and broad tonal range, from tight and punchy to round and woody. Add in the PJ IV’s active electronics with 3-band EQ, and you have limitless sound sculpting potential at your fingertips.
Immensely playable Charvel Speed neck
Charvel’s Speed neck profile is a favorite of bass players for its comfortable feel and silky-smooth playability. The Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV takes the Speed neck formula to the next level by pairing it with caramelized maple for enhanced stability and an upscale look. On top of that, a 12-inch to 16-inch compound radius opens the fingerboard to upper-scale acrobatics, making it hard to resist slipping a ripping bass solo into every song! A hand-rubbed satin urethane finish completes the package, eliminating sticky-neck syndrome.
Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV Electric Bass Features:
- Hot-rodded take on a classic bass style
- Alder body with a stunning gloss finish
- Eye-catching chrome hardware, including Charvel HiMass bridge, open-gear tuning machines, and vintage string tree
- Comfortable Charvel Speed profile caramelized maple neck; 12–16-inch compound radius
- Versatile tone-machine with active electronics, 3-band EQ, and DiMarzio P+J pickups
- GraphTech TUSQ XL nut prevents string binding
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Pro-Mod San Dimas
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Color:Mystic Blue
- Neck Material:Caramelized Maple
- Neck Shape:Speed Neck
- Radius:12″-16″ compound
- Fingerboard Material:Caramelized Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Cream Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Jumbo
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.5″
- Nut Material:Graph Tech Tusq
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Charvel HiMass
- Tuners:Charvel Open Gear
- Middle Pickup:DiMarzio P-style Split Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:DiMarzio J-style Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x blend, 3-band Active EQ
There are no reviews yet.