The sleek alder body shape is a familiar one—straight from the original Charvel San Dimas basses of late 1970s, with the deeper cutaway that gave adventurous bassists effortless upper-register access. For the seasoned player who defies the status quo and demands more from a high-performance hot rod bass, the brand-new Charvel® Pro-Mod San Dimas® Bass PJ IV does it all by combining modern appointments with throwback Charvel DNA.
Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas® Bass PJ IV Guitar Features
- Four-string model with 34” scale length
- Alder body
- Bolt-on caramelized maple “slim C” speed neck with graphite reinforcement and hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish
- 12”-16” caramelized maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 20 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays
- Luminlay® side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- DiMarzio® Model J™ DP123 bridge and DiMarzio Model P® DP122 middle pickups, each with black covers
- Active Electronics
- Master volume control with push/pull selector to engage or bypass active EQ circuit, pickup blend control and three-band active EQ (bass, mid and treble) controls
- Charvel HiMass™ bridge
- Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut, open-gear tuners, vintage-style disc string tree, and oversized strap buttons
- Available in Metallic Black or Platinum Pearl with chrome hardware and licensed Fender® Precision Bass® headstock shape
The super-thin bolt-on maple Charvel speed neck is crafted in the original style, with a gorgeous caramelized treatment, graphite reinforcement and heel-mount truss rod wheel for easy adjustment. The 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard gradually flattens from nut to heel for fast, smooth playing, and has rolled edges, 20 jumbo frets and Luminlay® side dots.
And like the originals, the Pro-Mod San Dimas® Bass PJ IV features the powerhouse voice of DiMarzio® pickups—a Model J™ at the bridge for well-rounded punch and a Model P® in the middle for warm and fat tone with a mid-range growl when pushed. Versatile electronics include three-band active EQ, pickup blend control and a master volume control with push/pull selector. The push/pull selector eliminates the risk of losing sound due to a dead battery as a quick pull on the volume knob bypasses the EQ’s active circuit and regains sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
A Charvel HiMass™ bridge, Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut and opengear tuners combine for stellar tuning stability with improved note punch and sustain.