The formula for Charvel’s Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR M is simple. Hot-rodded for full-throttle performance, this superb solidbody electric guitar rocks a curvaceous alder body with comfortable contours that will feel instantly familiar; it’s outfitted with premium appointments such as a maple neck with graphite reinforcement and a silky-smooth compound-radius maple fingerboard with jumbo frets. For ultra-stable pitch expression, this San Dimas features a Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo that lets you flutter, warble, and dive-bomb with impunity. Two hot Seymour Duncan humbuckers with coil splits complete the setup, turning this guitar into a music flamethrower with amazing playability and an enormous tone arsenal that deploys everything from chimey cleans to blistering high gain. Suitable for any music genre, the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR M is a serious guitar for serious guitarists.
Take-no-prisoners tone from Seymour Duncan humbuckers
You play the notes; Seymour Duncan humbuckers take it from there. The Seymour Duncan Full Shred SH-10B in the bridge position more than lives up to its name, with a tight, scooped sound that remains articulate even when playing lightning-fast high-gain runs. A vintage-voiced Alnico II Pro in the neck position delivers a wealth of classic rock and blues rhythm tones — a favorite pickup of legendary guitarist Slash for over a quarter of a century!
A palette of single-coil tones on tap
On the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR M, you mix a potent sonic elixir of dual Seymour Duncan humbuckers through a 3-way blade switch and a volume pot with push-pull coil splitting, which puts a range of spanky single-coil tones into play. The no-load tone control functions like a standard tone pot from positions one through nine and, for sonic transparency, removes itself from the circuit at position 10, letting the full natural voice of the instrument shine through. The Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR M serves up tone by the truckload. If your music has an aggressive edge to it, you’ll want in on this.
The Pro-Mod story
Charvel’s Pro-Mod series guitars rock classic Charvel style, born in Southern California more than three decades ago. These axes are packed with the hot-rodded, high-performance features artists rely on: classic body styles, premium tonewoods, unfinished oiled necks, smooth, rolled fingerboard edges, scorching pickups, rock-solid bridges, and more.
- Curvaceous alder body with comfortable contours
- Rock-solid bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement
- Seymour Duncan Full Shred SH-10B in the bridge produces an articulate mid-scooped tone, with a tight bottom end that’s perfect for fast high-gain licks
- A vintage-voiced Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro in the neck delivers warm, spongy tones that have thick highs and rich lows
- Compound-radius ebony fingerboard (12–16 inches), optimized for both single notes and chording
- Heel-mounted spoke wheel facilitates speedy truss rod adjustments
- Push-pull coil split provides access to spanky single-coil tones
- Floyd Rose 1000 series double-locking recessed tremolo for twisting, bending, and dive-bombing
- Eye-grabbing Fender Stratocaster headstock