The formula for Charvel’s Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR E Ash is simple. Hot-rodded for full-throttle performance, this superb solidbody electric guitar rocks a curvaceous ash body with comfortable contours that will feel instantly familiar; it’s outfitted with premium appointments such as a maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement and a silky-smooth compound-radius ebony fingerboard with rolled edges and jumbo frets. For ultra-stable pitch expression, this San Dimas features a Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo that lets you flutter, warble, and dive-bomb with impunity. Two hot Seymour Duncan humbuckers with coil splits complete the setup, turning this guitar into a music flamethrower with amazing playability and an enormous tone arsenal that deploys everything from chimey cleans to blistering high gain. Suitable for any music genre, the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR E Ash is a serious guitar for serious guitarists.
You play the notes; Seymour Duncan humbuckers take it from there. A Full Shred SH-10 humbucker is located in the bridge position of this axe, while an Alnico II Pro APH-1N is positioned at the neck. For drive, the Full Shred SH-10 bridge humbucker packs a big, focused low end and about as much sustain as you can get from a passive alnico pickup. And when you need to clean up, the Alnico II Pro APH-1N neck humbucker is a breath of fresh air. This pickup boasts great touch dynamics and a sweet, bluesy top end that’s perfect for true cleans and verge-of-breakup tones.
The classic Full Shred/Alnico II Pro pickup combination offers a smorgasbord of paint-peeling tones, but that’s just the beginning. On the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR E Ash, you mix this potent sonic elixir through a 3-way blade switch and a volume pot with push-pull coil splitting, which puts a range of spanky single-coil tones into play. The no-load tone control functions like a standard tone pot from positions one through nine and, for sonic transparency, removes itself from the circuit at position 10, letting the full natural voice of the instrument shine through. The Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR E Ash serves up tone by the truckload. If your music has an aggressive edge to it, you’ll want in on this.
- Curvaceous ash body with comfortable contours
- Seymour Duncan Custom Full Shred SH-10B bridge humbucker packs a big, focused low end and near-endless sustain
- Seymour Duncan Custom Alnico II Pro APH-1N neck humbucker boasts great touch dynamics and sweet, bluesy highs
- Rock-solid bolt-on maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement
- Compound-radius ebony fingerboard (12″ to 16″), optimized for both single notes and chording
- Heel-mounted spoke wheel facilitates speedy truss rod adjustments
- Push-pull coil split provides access to spanky single-coil tones
- Floyd Rose 1000 series double-locking recessed tremolo for twisting, bending, and dive-bombing
- Eye-grabbing Fender Stratocaster headstock and aggressive-looking black hardware
**All photos shown are of the actual guitar for sale, not generic stock pics**