The formula for Charvel’s Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT M is simple yet explosive. Hot-rodded for full-throttle performance, this superb solidbody electric guitar rocks a curvaceous alder body with comfortable contours that will feel instantly familiar; it’s outfitted with premium appointments such as a maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement and a silky-smooth compound-radius fingerboard with rolled edges and jumbo frets. A trio of Seymour Duncan pickups complete the setup, turning this guitar into a sonic flamethrower with amazing playability and an enormous tone arsenal that deploys everything from chimey cleans to blistering high gain. The Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT M is a serious guitar for demanding guitarists.
Premium tone from Seymour Duncan pickups
You play the notes; Seymour Duncan pickups take it from there. A player favorite for decades, the JB humbucker is an ideal bridge pickup for blues, fusion, country, hard rock, thrash, punk, and grunge. The low end is full and beefy, and the highs are crisp and detailed. An upper-midrange bump adds chunk and crunch to heavy chords, which translates to a singing, vocal-like character when you solo — all while the hotter output pushes your amp just a bit harder for increased sustain and harmonics. For sonic contrast, a pair of Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 single-coil pickups deliver beautifully clear and articulate tones. And for maximum flexibility, the push-pull volume control can split the bridge humbucker for single-coil-style tones, too.
Maximize sonic aggression with the no-load tone control
On the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT M, the no-load tone control functions like a standard tone pot from positions one through nine and, for sonic transparency, removes itself from the circuit at position 10, letting the full natural voice of the instrument shine through. A common mod for guitarists looking for maximum tonal tenacity is to remove the tone control from the signal path completely — the no-load tone control on the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT M gives you the best of both worlds.
The Pro-Mod story
Charvel’s Pro-Mod series guitars rock classic Charvel style, born in Southern California more than three decades ago. These axes are packed with the hot-rodded, high-performance features artists rely on: classic body styles, premium tonewoods, fast necks, smooth, rolled fingerboard edges, scorching pickups, rock-solid bridges, and more.
- Curvaceous alder body with comfortable contours
- Bolt-on maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement for long-term stability
- Compound-radius fingerboard (12–16 inches), optimized for technical fretwork
- 22 jumbo nickel frets, dot inlays
- Heel-mounted truss rod adjustment wheel
- Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 single-coil pickups plus a JB bridge humbucker
- Push-pull volume control splits the humbucker coils for single-coil-style tones
- No-load tone control completely removes itself from the signal path when engaged
- 5-way blade pickup selector switch
- Charvel HT6 string-through-body hardtail bridge for maximum sustain and tuning stability
- Die-cast locking tuners