Charvel’s Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSH FR electric guitar harkens back to the superstrat movement of the 1980s. A pedigreed shredder, this axe epitomizes the Southern California look and sound with its hot-rodded Seymour Duncan pickups, familiar body style, and silky compound-radius fingerboard with rolled edges. The So-Cal boasts a genuine Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo that can handle the gnarliest of dive-bombs without wrecking your tuning.
Plays like a custom superstrat
The superstrat craze of the 1980s inspired guitarists all over the country to Frankenstein their beloved axes with faster necks, hotter pickups, aftermarket hardware, and bold custom paint jobs. The Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSH carries on this tradition with vintage-styled appointments and clean modern electronics for high-gain attitude and authoritative looks.
Inspired by 30 years of customer requests
Charvel was one of the first guitar companies to manufacture superstrat-type guitars. With 30 years of customer feedback, Charvel was able to make the So-Cal play and sound like a pawn shopper’s dream. The stock Seymour Duncan Distortion humbuckers sandwiching a Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 single-coil deliver a wide variety of different tones, perfect for everything from brutal crunch and scorching leads to sweet, chimey cleans.
- Familiar alder body gives an unmistakable California sound
- Compound-radius fretboard (12–16-inch) gets flatter and wider up high
- Seymour Duncan Distortion humbuckers and Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 single-coil deliver hot-rodded tones
- 5-way blade quickly switches from brutal humbucker to sweet single-coil sounds
- No-load tone pot won’t color sound when run wide open
- Knurled speed knobs resist sweat slippage
- Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo squeals and dives without wrecking your tuning
- Die-cast matching tuning machines