Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Baritone Electric Guitar with Plywood Body, Hardboard Top and Back, Maple Neck, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, and 2 Single-coil Pickups – Silver Burst
The Return of a Country Classic
Plywood bodies, lipstick tube pickups, and chicken-head concentric knobs: Danelectro isn’t a brand that’s known for playing it safe. Even still, the Longhorn Baritone’s blend of rustic country charm and retro-futurism is just as wild today as it was when the guitar was first released in the ’50s! This bass-meets-guitar design sports a hybrid 29.72-inch scale length — which sits between a standard baritone and a short-scale bass — to cover the deep-sounding B–B range. The Longhorn Baritone’s tonal depth comes out loud and clear through a pair of Danelectro’s legendary high impedance Lipstick pickups, gracing the extended range growl with a touch of chime and jangle. Finally, this Dano’s open and airy tone comes courtesy of its semi-hollow plywood frame, topped with composite hardboard — faithful to the original department-store charm of the original Danelectros!
High-output lipstick pickups
Danelectro’s fabled lipstick pickups have captured the imaginations of countless guitarists throughout the ages. This Baritone’s high-output lipstick single-coils hark back to the vintage tones of rock’s earliest days. The result is a bari sound that truly stands alone — a defined attack, a formidable bottom end, and a healthy dose of midrange punch and top-end zing. Additional windings give this bari added output to drive an amp hard. And with its 3-way pickup selector and simple master volume/tone, you will have no trouble finding a sound for your music.
6-saddle adjustable bridge
While intonation is always a compromise on fretted instruments, the old-school straight wooden bridge found on vintage Danelectros was a significantly larger compromise than modern guitar bridge designs. Thankfully, Danelectro has outfitted the Longhorn Baritone with a modern metal 6-saddle design that allows for precise intonation for each individual string. Plus, this bridge offers a slightly sharper and clearer tone than the old wooden bridge — a quality that musicians find is perfect for brightening up the naturally dark tone of a baritone guitar.
A Longhorn with a long history
The Longhorn Baritone has a storied history in the world of country music. When it was first released in the ’50s, it was often used to double acoustic bass lines, forever after becoming known as the “tic tac bass” for its percussive, clanky tone. However, this instrument is by no means limited to country applications, and guitarists find that it’s a choice tool for singer/songwriters or guitarists looking for a fresh new sound — especially since baritone tuning requires almost no learning curve for musicians coming from the standard guitar. From ambient masterpieces to spacey spaghetti western textures to extended-range rock, the Longhorn Baritone’s versatility is second to none!
Danelectro Long Horn Baritone Electric Guitar Features:
- Iconic country-futuristic body style provides excellent access to the upper frets
- Semi-hollow plywood frame with a hardwood top offers an open, airy tone
- Comfortable “C” shape maple neck will please players of all styles
- Hybrid 29.72-inch scale length meets in the middle between a standard baritone and a short-scale bass
- High-impedance Lipstick pickups produce a bright, chimney tone with a punchy bottom end
- Rosewood fingerboard in a flat 14-inch radius
- Aluminum nut for a touch of twang
- Fully adjustable 6-saddle bridge for optimal intonation
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody, Chambered
- Body Shape1958 Longhorn
- Body MaterialPlywood Frame / Core
- Top MaterialHardboard
- Body FinishPolyester
- ColorSilver Burst
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeC
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets24
- Scale Length29.72″
- Nut Width1.64″
- Nut MaterialAluminum
- TunersDie-cast Chrome
- Neck PickupLipstick Single-coil
- Bridge PickupLipstick Single-coil
- Controls2 x stacked volume, 2 x stacked tone