Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Electric Sitar with Drone Strings, 3 Single-coil Lipstick Pickups, and Gotoh Sitar Bridge
The Legendary Dano Electric Sitar Returns!
Plug in, turn up, zone out. It’s the return of the legendary Danelectro Coral electric sitar — that’s right: the iconic 1960s design, complete with drone strings and red crackle finish! Now it’s back, a meticulous reissue in all its vintage glory, with the sound heard on countless hits. While the Danelectro Sitar serves up exotic sounds, it has a familiar feel that won’t interfere with your playing style. Sure, if you want it to sound more authentic you’ll need to learn some new scales and find the best way to deploy the extra “mini-harp” course of drone strings, but this 6-string instrument is tuned to standard guitar tuning, making it easy and fun to play. This is your chance to own a legend. Spice your music with the one, the only Danelectro Sitar!
The One, the Only
It was a time of experimentation, and in the era before synthesizers became widely available, musicians such as George Harrison were looking to the East for different sounds. But traditional sitars were expensive, bulky, and difficult to master. Danelectro, in partnership with New York session guitarist Vinnie Bell, designed an affordable, portable sitar that played like a 6-string guitar. The instrument hit the market in 1967 and found its way onto countless rock, soul, R&B, jazz, and fusion records over the ensuing decades, leaving an indelible mark on popular music.
An Iconic American Brand
Founded in 1947, Danelectro produced guitar amps throughout the 1940s before expanding into guitars in the ’50s. With their beloved quirky hollowbody designs, hardboard/plywood construction, and Lipstick pickups, the iconic Danelectro designs are instantly recognizable. Among other innovations, Danelectro introduced the baritone guitar in 1956, and the electric sitar in 1967. From guitar gods Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck to Who bassist John Entwhistle (check out the bass solo on “My Generation”) to country superstar Glen Campbell, Tom Petty lead guitarist Mike Campbell, and the ever-eclectic Wilco guitarist and solo artist Nels Cline, Danos have become staples in the guitar and bass arsenals of top artists in all genres.
Danelectro Sitar Features:
- Reissue of the famous Danelectro big Sitar of the 1960s
- 3 single-coil lipstick pickups (bridge, neck and mini-harp) with individual volume and tone controls
- Pickup Blend control
- Master Volume and Tone controls
- Gotoh Sitar bridge
- Bolt-on maple neck with comfortable C profile
- Pau ferro fingerboard with 21 frets
- Standard 24.75-inch scale length
- Die-cast tuners
- Dual-action truss rod
- Type:Electric Baby Sitar
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6 + 13
- Body Shape:Sitar
- Body Style:Hollowbody
- Color:Red Crackle
- Body Material:Hardboard/Plywood
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:C
- Fingerboard Material:Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Dots
- Number of Frets:21
- Scale Length:24.75″
- Nut Material:Graphite
- Nut Width:1.692″
- Bridge Material:Gotoh Sitar
- Electronics:3 x Lipstick Single-coil pickups, 3 x volume, 3 x tone