Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
12-string Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar with Spruce Body, Hardboard Top and Back, Maple Neck, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, and 2 Single-coil Pickups – Red Metallic
Classic Dano 12 String Sound and Feel
Its iconic jangle is unmistakable. Sporting the classic Shorthorn hollowbody, “S” soundhole, and a pair of ’56 Vintage Lipstick pickups, the Danelectro Vintage 12 String captures the look, feel, and tone of the early days of rock. The Vintage 12 String is constructed with a lightweight hardboard/plywood body that delivers the jangly signature “Dano” sound. In addition, a maple neck with pau ferro fingerboard offers smooth playability, while a fully adjustable bridge lets you set your intonation to your liking. The Danelectro Vintage 12 String flawlessly re-creates the “Dano” sound heard on countless hit records. You simply must experience it for yourself.
That signature jangle
The two single-coil Lipstick pickups in the Vintage 12 String have a one-of-a-kind tone that captured the imagination of so many guitarists over the last six decades. With their coils wrapped around an Alnico VI magnet and then wrapped in tape, these pickups harken back to the vintage tone of rock’s earliest days. The result is a sound that truly stands alone — jangly, with a punchy midrange and a treble kick. And with a 3-way pickup selector plus volume and tone controls for each pickup, you’ll have a lot of options for dialing in your ideal tone for any track.
An iconic American brand
Founded in 1947, Danelectro produced guitar amps throughout the 1940s before expanding into guitars in the ’50s. With their beloved quirky hollowbody designs, hardboard/plywood construction, and Lipstick pickups, the iconic Danelectro designs are instantly recognizable. Among other innovations, Danelectro introduced the baritone guitar in 1956, and the electric sitar in 1967. From guitar gods Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck to Who bassist John Entwhistle (check out the bass solo on “My Generation”) to country superstar Glen Campbell, Tom Petty lead guitarist Mike Campbell, and the ever-eclectic Wilco guitarist and solo artist Nels Cline, Danos have become staples in the guitar and bass arsenals of top artists in all genres. Now Danelectro is back again and better than ever; we are proud to offer you this formidable lineup of iconic vintage-inspired instruments.
Danelectro Vintage 12 String Features:
- Classic Shorthorn hollowbody with “S” soundhole
- Hardboard/plywood body; gloss polyester finish
- Bolt-on maple neck, C profile; gloss polyester finish
- Pau ferro fingerboard, 14″ radius, dot inlays
- 25″ scale length; 21 frets
- 2 passive single-coil Lipstick pickups
- 3-Way pickup selector
- Master Volume and Tone controls
- Adjustable 12-string bridge
- 1.78″ Aluminum nut
- Die-cast tuners
- Dual-Action truss rod
- Number of Strings12
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbooy
- Body ShapeVintage Doublecut
- Body MaterialSpruce
- Top MaterialHardboard
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- ColorRed Metallic
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeC
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialPau Ferro
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets21
- Scale Length25″
- Nut Width1.78″
- Nut MaterialAluminum
- Bridge/TailpieceAdjustable 12-string
- TunersDie-cast Chrome
- Neck PickupLipstick Single-coil
- Bridge PickupLipstick Single-coil
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch