Powerful Double-cutaway Semi-hollow
The D’Angelico Premier DC is a rock-solid semi-hollowbody guitar with sublime tone and killer looks. Its semi-hollow maple body yields a bright resonant tone with loads of bite and sustain, while a solid centerblock ensures a feedback-free performance. The Premier DC is capable of serving up just about any tone you can think of, from jazz-tinged cleans to high-gain distortion, making it a suitable choice for an endless variety of musical genres. Getting around this electric guitar’s comfortable “C”-shaped neck feels effortless, and its fast-and-smooth 14-inch-radius fingerboard is a pleasure to play on. The Premier DC boasts plenty of eye-catching aesthetic touches, including a 5-ply pickguard, mother-of-pearl Block fingerboard inlays, multi-ply binding, and a Skyscraper truss rod cover. If you’re hunting for a fun-to-play semi-hollowbody, pick up a D’Angelico’s Premier DC. But be warned — you won’t want to put it down!
Top-shelf tonewoods yield top-shelf hollowbody tones
The Premier DC features a resonant all-maple semi-hollowbody with a comfortable double-cut shape. As a tonewood, maple positively shouts, yielding a bright tone with long sustain and a lot of bite. This bell-like tone enables your notes to spring to life, then gently decay into a long sustain — perfect for leads and solos. A solid centerblock effectively keeps feedback at bay. The Premier DC’s set-thru maple neck not only lends incredible sustain to your playing, it also adds a bit of snap to your tone. The neck is capped with an ovangkol fingerboard.
Seymour Duncan Designed pickups deliver classic humbucking tones
The D’Angelico Premier DC comes loaded with a set of classic-sounding chrome-covered Seymour Duncan Designed humbuckers. The HB-101 bridge pickup boasts an Alnico V magnet and winding specs based on a late-1950s PAF design. This vintage-inspired pickup is a great all-rounder. It handles jazz-tinged cleans, high-gain distortion, and everything in between. The HB-102 neck pickup also employs an Alnico V magnet, but is a tad overwound for hot-rodded humbucker tones. It will really make your amp scream! A 3-way toggle allows for easy pickup switching, and each pickup features its own volume and tone knob for maximum tonal versatility.
The D’Angelico legacy
After mastering his craft during an 18-year apprenticeship, luthier John D’Angelico opened his own shop in Manhattan’s Little Italy in 1932. Catering to New York’s many jazz musicians over the ensuing three decades, D’Angelico and a single apprentice became New York’s foremost stringed instrument builders, creating over one thousand treasured archtop guitars until John’s death in 1964. After his passing, the D’Angelico’s legacy lived on only through his rare, legendary instruments. After decades, the D’Angelico brand has resurfaced, bringing back the playability and attention to detail of the company’s New York roots. D’Angelico uses state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and the finest available materials to create playable works of art for today’s guitarist. From a modest shop in Little Italy to the world stage, D’Angelico’s dedication to quality craftsmanship ensures that this brand won’t be going dormant again any time soon.
D’Angelico Guitars Premier DC Features:
- Semi-hollow maple body yields a bright, resonant tone with long sustain and a lot of bite
- Solid centerblock effectively keeps feedback at bay
- Seymour Duncan Designed humbuckers exhibit jazz-tinged cleans, high-gain distortion, and everything in between
- 3-way toggle allows for easy pickup switching
- Each pickup features its own volume and tone knob for maximum tonal versatility
- Comfortable “C”-shaped maple neck with a fast-and-smooth 14”-radius fingerboard
- Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece lock on and transmit the nuances of every note
- Grover tuners with Stairstep machine heads ensure solid tuning stability
- Eye-catching 5-ply pickguard, mother-of-pearl Block fingerboard inlays, multi-ply binding, and Skyscraper truss rod cover
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapePremier DC
- Body MaterialLaminated Maple
- Top MaterialLaminated Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorOcean Turquoise
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeC
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialOvangkol
- Fingerboard InlayMother-of-Pearl Acrylic Blocks
- Number of Frets24, Medium
- Scale Length25″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialPPS Plastic
- Bridge/TailpieceTune-O-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- TunersRotomatic Stairstep
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan Designed HB-102N Humbucker
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan Designed HB-101B Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.