The D’Angelico Premiere SS is a highly playable semi-hollowbody electric guitar with versatile tone and elegant visuals. The Premiere SS’s semi-hollow, single-cutaway body is extremely comfortable and yields a bright, rich, resonant sound with loads of bite and sustain, while a solid center block ensures a feedback-free performance. Equipped with a pair of Seymour Duncan Designed humbuckers, the Premiere SS serves up a banquet of tone for every occasion — from jazzy cleans to full-throttle rock. Navigating this guitar’s fast and comfortable “C”-shaped maple neck is effortless, as your fingers dance on its smooth ovangkol fingerboard. The Premiere SS boasts nice aesthetic touches such as mother-of-pearl acrylic Block fingerboard inlays, multi-ply binding and Scalini pickguard, and smart chrome hardware. While it may resemble a classic jazz box, the D’Angelico Premiere SS is a cross-genre, do-it-all instrument that will ace any live gig or studio session.
Vintage humbucking tone
The D’Angelico Premiere SS comes loaded with a pair of Seymour Duncan Designed humbuckers. These vintage-inspired pickups are great all-rounders that deliver warm, full-bodied humbucking tone with excellent clarity. This potent sonic elixir is routed through a 3-way toggle switch and per-pickup volume and tone controls. From jazz and fusion to blues, rock, and country; from chimey rhythm parts to blistering leads — and everything in between — the D’Angelico Premiere SS delivers.
- Laminated maple back, sides, and arched top with 2 F-holes
- Maple set neck, “C” profile
- Bound ovangkol fingerboard, 16-inch radius, MOP acrylic Block inlays
- 2 Seymour Duncan Designed humbucking pickups
- Per-pickup Volume and Tone controls
- 3-way toggle pickup selector switch
- Tune-o-matic bridge; Stairstep tailpiece
- Multi-ply body binding; 5-ply Scalini pickguard
- Grover Rotomatic Stairstep tuning machines
- Chrome hardware