Discover a World of Semi-hollowbody Guitar Tones
Looking for rich semi-hollowbody guitar tones at a great value? The D’Angelico Premier SS electric guitar is a dependable performer, serving up a vibrant array of tones from Duncan Designed humbucking pickups while its lightweight center block helps keep feedback down. You’ll have ample control over the nuances of your tone, with individual volume and tone controls for each pickup. And you can expect comfortable playability from the C-shaped maple neck with 25″-scale Ovangkol fretboard. Complete with a cool Stairstep Trapeze tailpiece and Rotomatic Stairstep tuners, the D’Angelico Premier SS is an impressive semi-hollowbody electric guitar.
Top-shelf tonewoods yield top-shelf hollowbody tones
The Premier SS features a resonant, all-maple, semi-hollow body. As a tonewood, maple positively shouts, yielding a bright tone with long sustain and a lot of bite. This bell-like tone enables your notes to spring to life, then gently decay into a long sustain — perfect for leads and solos. A solid centerblock effectively keeps feedback at bay. The Premier SS’s set-thru maple neck not only lends incredible sustain to your playing, it also adds a bit of snap to your tone. The neck is capped with an ovangkol fretboard.
Seymour Duncan Designed pickups deliver classic humbucking tones
The D’Angelico Premier SS comes loaded with a set of classic-sounding chrome-covered Seymour Duncan Designed humbuckers. The HB-101 bridge pickup boasts an Alnico V magnet and winding specs based on a late-1950s PAF design. This vintage-inspired pickup is a great all-’rounder. It handles jazz-tinged cleans, high-gain distortion, and everything in between. The HB-102 neck pickup also employs an Alnico V magnet, but is a tad overwound for hot-rodded humbucker tones. Guitarists really dig this pickup combination. A 3-way toggle allows for easy pickup switching, and each pickup features its own volume and tone knob for maximum tonal versatility.
D’Angelico: Excellence Embodied
Manhattan’s Little Italy, 1932. John D’Angelico opens a shop at 40 Kenmare Street offering handcrafted acoustics for New York’s jazz players. Over the next three decades, D’Angelico and a single apprentice became New York’s foremost builders and created over one thousand treasured archtop guitars until John D’Angelico’s death in 1964. After his passing, D’Angelico’s legacy lived on only through his rare, legendary instruments. After decades, the D’Angelico brand has resurfaced, bringing back the playability and attention to detail of their New York roots. Today, D’Angelico uses state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and the best materials available to create playable works of art for today’s guitarist. From a one-off shop in Little Italy to the world stage, D’Angelico’s dedication to quality craftsmanship ensures that this brand won’t be going dormant anytime soon.
D’Angelico Premier SS Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Semi-hollow maple body yields a bright, resonant tone with long sustain and a lot of bite
- Solid centerblock effectively keeps feedback at bay
- Seymour Duncan Designed humbuckers exhibit jazz-tinged cleans, high-gain distortion, and everything in between
- 3-way toggle allows for easy pickup switching
- Each pickup features its own volume and tone knob for maximum tonal versatility
- Comfortable C-shaped maple neck with a fast-and-smooth 14″-radius fretboard
- Cool art deco-style Stairstep Trapeze tailpiece
- Grover tuners with Stairstep machine heads ensure solid tuning stability
- Eye-catching 5-ply pickguard, mother-of-pearl Block fingerboard inlays, multi-ply binding, and Skyscraper truss rod cover
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapePremier SS
- Body MaterialLaminated Maple
- Top MaterialLaminated Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorFiesta Red
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeC
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialOvangkol
- Fingerboard InlayMother-of-Pearl Blocks
- Number of Frets22, Medium
- Scale Length25″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialPPS Plastic
- Bridge/TailpieceTune-O-Matic Bridge with Trapeze Tailpiece
- TunersRotomatic Stairstep
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan Designed HB-102N Humbucker
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan HB-101B Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup swtich
There are no reviews yet.