Call For Price
Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Indian Laurel Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Pacific Blue
Vintage-inspired Tribute to Epiphone’s Garage-rock Classic
In honor of Epiphone’s century-and-a-half anniversary, we are thrilled to present the Epiphone 150th Anniversary Wilshire — a vintage-inspired Wilshire that might as well have rolled off the original Gibson/Epiphone Kalamazoo, Michigan, factory floor! This guitar’s asymmetrical double-cut mahogany body, wavy pickguard, and signature 6-in-line “Batwing” headstock all pay direct homage to the Wilshire’s reimagining in 1963, supplying you with a wild garage-rock-ready vibe that’ll have you kicking out raunchy power-chord rhythms in no time. Next, the mahogany neck’s skinny ’60s SlimTaper “D” profile and superior upper-fret access make it breeze to lay down all manner of fuzzed-out lead ferocity, while the Indian laurel fingerboard’s 12-inch radius is ideal for wide, bluesy bends. Lastly, a pair of searing Gibson-made mini-humbucker pickups grant you a full-bodied single-coil-on-steroids punch, complete with rich lows, hard-hitting mids, and crystal-clear highs.
Premium Gibson-made mini-humbucking pickups
To celebrate a century and a half of instrument-making expertise, Epiphone dug deep into their history, all the way back to the days when Gibson and Epiphone instruments were built in the very same Kalamazoo, Michigan factory. The Epiphone 150th Anniversary Wilshire is clearly a visual tribute to that lauded era, but two Gibson-made mini-humbucking pickups seal the sonic deal with a vintage-inspired tone straight out of the ’60s. What do they sound like? Gibson mini-humbuckers split the difference between the full-bodied warmth of a humbucker and the sparkling, defined top end of a single-coil. It’s a remarkably versatile hum-canceling pickup design that many guitarists liken to a hot-rodded T-style pickup, equally at home dishing out snarling dirty tones, sparkling cleans, and everything else in between.
Fast-playing ’60s SlimTaper “D” profile
The Epiphone 150th Anniversary Wilshire’s mahogany neck sports a vintage-correct ’60s SlimTaper profile — a thin and speedy shape that facilitates fervent fretwork from the base of the neck all the way up to the 22nd fret. The neck is capped with a smooth slab of unbound Indian laurel in a 12-inch radius, sporting simple dot inlays to reflect this guitar’s no-nonsense rock ‘n’ roll pedigree. Finally, the Epiphone 150th Anniversary Wilshire’s deep set-in neck joint ties it all together with unimpeded access to even the highest register notes.
Inspired by the Wilshire’s 1963 reimagining
While the Wilshire’s original run ran from the late 1950s to the early 1970s, the Epiphone 150th Anniversary Wilshire is an aesthetic tribute to model’s 1963 makeover. Instead of the clean-cut symmetrical vibe of the earliest Wilshires, this guitar sports a cresting pickguard, 6-in-line “batwing” headstock (supposedly meant to mirror an “E”), and dual asymmetrical horns to mirror the wild 6-string experimentation of the mid-’60s. A LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge, stop tailpiece, and Wilkinson tuners complete the package with a formidable sustain and top-notch tuning stability.
Epiphone 150th Anniversary Wilshire Electric Guitar Features:
- Vintage-inspired Wilshire, celebrating 150 years of Epiphone excellence
- Double-cut mahogany body offers full access to the mahogany neck’s 22 frets
- ’60s SlimTaper “D” neck profile offers a fast, speedy feel that allows you to glide up and down the neck with impunity
- Indian laurel fingerboard in easy-playing 12-inch radius
- Dual Gibson-made mini-humbucker pickups unleash a fiery humbucker-meets-single-coil punch, with crystalline highs and full-bodied lows
- LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece for rich sustain
- Premium Wilkinson tuners to keep your tuning lock tight
- Vintage-inspired aesthetic appointments, including a 6-in-line Batwing headstock, swooping pickguard, and asymmetrical body horns
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeWilshire
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishPolyurethane
- ColorPacific Blue
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck Shape60’s Slim Taper D Shape
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Laurel
- Fingerboard InlayMother of Pearl Oval
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech
- Bridge/TailpieceLockTone Tune-O-Matic & Tremotone
- Neck PickupGibson Mini Humbucker
- Bridge PickupGibson Mini Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch