Experience the Rare 1958 Korina Explorer
Crafted in partnership with the Gibson Custom Shop, the Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer is an inspired re-creation of one of the most collectible guitars ever built. This solidbody electric guitar’s radical-looking Korina body yields a resonant sound reminiscent of top-shelf mahogany. Its korina neck vaunts a period-correct neck shape and a long neck tenon for spot-on vintage feel and playability. Plug into your favorite amp and revel in timeless PAF tones, courtesy of Gibson Burstbucker humbucking pickups. You also get high-spec’d electronics, with premium Mallory caps and CTS pots. You’ll also appreciate the 1958 Korina Explorer’s hardware, which includes an ABR-1 bridge, a LockTone stopbar tailpiece, and deluxe tuning machines. This guitar boasts a host of high-end appointments, including black top hat knobs with nickel dial pointers, a hockey-stick-stye headstock, attractive gold hardware, and a gorgeous gloss finish. The ’58 Korina Explorer is one of the most valuable production-model guitars around, and now, thanks to Epiphone, you can experience the magic for yourself.
Ultra-rare korina body and neck
Like the ultra-rare original Gibson model that inspired it, the 1958 Korina Explorer features a korina body and a korina neck with a period-correct neck shape and long neck tenon. This solidbody electric guitar’s rich, warm acoustic tone bears a striking similarity to top-quality mahogany, but with a hair more high end. What’s more, the 1958 Korina Explorer’s natural light yellow-green color is a guaranteed head-turner. Once we got our hands on this guitar here we had a tough time putting it down.
Gibson Burstbuckers deliver rock-solid tone
There’s a reason players keep coming back to the tried-and-true combo of premium humbucking pickups. With a Burstbucker 3 in the bridge position and a Burstbucker 2 in the neck position, the Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer is as close to a ’50s-era guitar as it gets. Specially engineered for authentic PAF tone, these humbuckers go from dark and intense to smokin’ hot, delivering the classic bark and bite that rockers and blues guitarists have sought for decades. To top it off, the 1958 Korina Explorer includes high-quality CTS pots and Mallory capacitors.
You can’t go wrong with this classic axe
The Explorer’s radical look and high-octane sound have inspired rock and metal guitarists for decades, and the 1958 Korina Explorer takes you right back to where it all started. Besides the korina body and neck and the vintage-voiced electronics, this solidbody electric guitar also boasts an ABR-1 bridge, a LockTone stopbar tailpiece, deluxe tuning machines, black top hat knobs with nickel dial pointers, a hockey-stick-stye headstock, attractive gold hardware, and a light-catching gloss finish. If you want a true modern classic, then there’s only one thing to do: pick up the 1958 Korina Explorer.
Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer Electric Guitar Features:
- An inspired re-creation of a 1958 Gibson Korina Explorer
- Radical-looking Korina body yields a resonant sound reminiscent of top-shelf mahogany
- Korina neck vaunts a period-correct neck shape and long neck tenon for spot-on vintage feel and playability
- Indian laurel fingerboard with inconspicuous pearloid dot inlays
- Gibson Burstbucker humbucking pickups let you tap into timeless PAF tone
- High-spec’d electronics with premium Mallory caps and CTS pots
- ABR-1 bridge and LockTone stopbar tailpiece ensure effortless sustain and spot-on intonation
- Deluxe Epiphone tuning machines offer rock-solid tuning stability
- Black top hat knobs with nickel dial pointers, hockey-stick-stye headstock, and attractive gold hardware
- Light-catching gloss finish
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeExplorer
- Body MaterialKorina
- Body FinishGloss
- Neck MaterialKorina
- Neck Shape1958 Explorer
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Laurel
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.693″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech
- Bridge/TailpieceEpiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- TunersEpiphone Deluxe
- Neck PickupGibson Burstbucker 2 Humbucker
- Bridge PickupGibson Burstbucker 3 Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.