Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar with Maple Top, Maple Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, Laurel Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Cherry
A Semi-hollow Guitar for the Solidbody Crowd
The Epiphone ES-339 sports the look and tone of Gibson’s venerable ES-335, but its reduced-sized semi-hollow body makes it lighter and more comfortable than its full-sized cousin. Built from layered maple, this semi delivers warm, resonant sonic textures, while its solid maple center block gives you unbelievable sustain, tone, and feedback resistance. Epiphone’s Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers churn out a wide range of vintage-inspired tones; a laurel-capped, hand-rolled, rounded C-shaped neck facilitates effortless playability. Eye-grabbing body and fingerboard binding, a head-turning Epiphone Crown headstock inlay, and tasteful dot fingerboard inlays make the ES-339 a real looker, while a high-quality Graph Tech NuBone nut, rock-solid Grover Rotomatic tuners, and an Epiphone-exclusive LockTone bridge and tailpiece ensure that it performs well above its price tag.
Elegant construction with a reduced-sized maple body
Epiphone’s ES-339 features a reduced-sized layered maple body with a solid center block for maximum tone and sustain. This guitar’s hand-rolled rounded C-shaped mahogany neck offers easy, comfortable playability, and its Indian laurel fingerboard boasts a 12-inch radius, which is great for lead and rhythm playing alike. The guitarists here really love the ES-339 — it’s one of those guitars that’s hard to put down!
Distinct semi-hollowbody tone
If you’ve ever listened to rock or blues from the ’50s or ’60s, then you’ve heard “the tone” you’ll find in the Epiphone ES-339. The phrase bell-like is most appropriate here, with notes that spring to life and then gently decay into a long sustain — perfect for lead lines and solos. While the tone can get bright and aggressive if you need it to, it’s the warm and smooth overdriven tones that made Gibson’s historic design such a popular guitar for blues and jazz styles. You’ll get the same magic with the Epiphone ES-339’s Alnico Classic PRO pickups. Voiced to get the perfect vintage tone, these pickups deliver all the warmth, punch, and bite you want and need from a semi-hollowbody guitar.
Modern hardware with classic looks
While the looks are classic, the quality of the ES-339’s hardware is all modern. You get Epiphone’s LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and LockTone Stopbar tailpiece for rock-solid action and stable tuning performance, and Grover Rotomatic machine heads keep you in tune while looking sharp.
Epiphone ES-339 Features:
- A modern version of a classic guitar with an iconic sound
- Semi-hollowbody design with a reduced body size for comfortable playing — great for solidbody players
- Alnico Classic PRO humbucking pickups are versatile enough to offer up both vintage and modern tones
- Solid center block enhances tone and sustain
- Hand-rolled rounded “C” neck is extremely comfortable and easy to play
- 12-inch-radius Indian laurel fingerboard is great for both lead and rhythm playing
- Eye-grabbing single-ply body and fingerboard binding
- Head-turning Epiphone Crown headstock inlay and tasteful dot fingerboard inlays
- High-quality Graph Tech NuBone nut, rock-solid Grover Rotomatic tuners, and Epiphone’s exclusive LockTone bridge and tailpiece
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeES-339
- Body MaterialLayered Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeRounded C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Laurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Dots
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.724″
- Nut Width1.693″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/TailpieceEpiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Stop Bar Tailpiece
- TunersGrover Rotomatics Nickel 3+3
- Neck PickupAlnico Classic PRO Humbucker
- Bridge PickupAlnico Classic PRO Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch