Get Your Jam on with This Jim James ES-335
You may have seen an ES-335 in the hands of My Morning Jacket’s guitarist Jim James, and we don’t blame you for wanting your own. Built on a body shape known for its reliability, cool curves, and vintage appeal, the Jim James ES-335 signature semi-hollowbody packs versatile tones for those with a penchant for rock, blues, and all things indie. This guitar starts with a maple top, back, and sides joined to the easy-playing mahogany neck with a set neck for excellent sustain and resonance transfer. Underneath its 12-inch radius Indian laurel fingerboard, you’ll find the Jim James Custom SlimTaper “C” neck profile that’s easy on your hand and wrist no matter how hard you rock out. Earmarked by a Jim James logo on the truss rod cover and an owl on the back of the headstock, the Jim James ES-335 is a suitable axe for fans of the guitarist and the guitar alike!
A guitar worthy of your favorite riffs
When Epiphone set out to create this version of Jim James’ signature ES-335, they made sure it oozed the kind of vintage charm James is all about. They started with the tried-and-true ES-335 body shape that’s endured for decades. Onto this, James and Epiphone added touches like Kluson Waffleback tuners, a LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece, and a classy ’70s reminiscent finish. These touches make this guitar look great and contribute to its phenomenal playability and precise intonation that’ll have you grabbing for it every chance you get.
Distinct semi-hollowbody tone
If you’ve ever listened to rock or blues from the ’50s or ’60s, you’ve heard “the tone” you’ll find in Epiphone’s version of the ES-335. The phrase bell-like is most appropriate here, with notes that spring to life and then gently decay into a long sustain — perfect for lead lines and solos. While the tone can get bright and aggressive if you need it to, it’s the warm and smooth overdriven tones that made Gibson’s historic design such a groundbreaking guitar for blues and jazz styles. You’ll get the same magic with the Epiphone ES-335’s Alnico Classic PRO pickups. Voiced to get the perfect vintage tone, these pickups deliver all the warmth, punch, and bite you want and need from a semi-hollowbody guitar.
Epiphone’s years of semi-hollowbody experience
Epiphone was already experienced in making semi-hollowbody electric guitars by the time the ES-335 became a hit in 1958–1959. The Epiphone Riviera and Sheraton were two popular models at the time, and ’50s originals still fetch a pretty penny. So, while the Epiphone ES-335 is incredibly affordable, it’s still built with Epiphone’s decades of experience in creating semi-hollowbody guitars with incredible tone and amazing value.
Epiphone Jim James ES-335 Signature Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- An Epiphone ES-335 spec’d by My Morning Jacket’s Jim James
- Maple top and body are joined to the mahogany neck via a set neck joint for plenty of resonance and sustain
- 12-inch-radius Indian laurel fingerboard is great for both lead and rhythm playing
- LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece plus Kluson Waffleback Vintage Style tuners add vintage flair and rock solid intonation
- Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers can deliver a wide range of vintage-vibed tones
- Jim James Custom SlimTaper “C” neck profile is easy on your hand and wrist
- Jim James earmarks like a logo on the truss rod cover and an owl on the back of the headstock
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeES-335
- Body MaterialMaple
- Top MaterialLayered Maple
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeJim James Custom SlimTaper C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Laurel
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech
- Bridge/TailpieceEpiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- TunersKluson Waffleback Vintage-style
- Neck PickupAlnico Classic Pro Humbucker
- Bridge PickupAlnico Classic Pro Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.