Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Indian Laurel Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Metallic Gold
A Time-traveling Tone Machine
With the iconic look and sound of 1950s-era Les Pauls, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard ’50s is full vintage character and classic rock ‘n’ roll vibe. A mahogany body pours out warm resonance, while a maple top punches up the tone with clarity and snap. The comfortable ’59 Rounded Medium C neck snugs perfectly into your hand for easy chording and dynamic fret runs. Powered by Alnico ProBucker pickups, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard ’50s has a distinctive rock ‘n’ roll growl when pushed and a warm, pleasant top end when you lay back. Premium appointments, such as Epiphone Vintage Deluxe machine heads, LockTone ABR Tune-o-matic bridge, and high-quality CTS ’50s-style wiring complete the package on this formidable tone machine.
A universe of tone with ProBucker pickups
The ProBuckers on the Les Paul Standard ’50s feature Alnico II magnets — the same as sought-after vintage PAF humbuckers — for rich, warm tone with crystalline highs and a tight bottom. With a ProBucker-1 in the neck position and a (slightly overwound) ProBucker-2 in the bridge position, crank your gain, and you can do some serious damage. We’re talking legendary Les Paul — fat, snarling tone served up with exceptional sustain.
The Les Paul backstory
The Les Paul story started with an instrument called “The Log.” In the early 1940s, on a quest for an electric guitar that would sustain for days, Les Paul — the legendary guitarist and inventor — fashioned what may well have been the first solidbody guitar from a length of common 4″ x 4″ lumber. For appearances (and possibly playing comfort), Les sawed an Epiphone hollowbody in half and attached the two “wings” to either side of The Log. Les continued to develop the idea through a series of prototypes, ultimately resulting in the classic solidbody guitar we know and love.
With a Les Paul, you’re in good company
From rock to fusion and beyond, the Les Paul’s surly snarl has virtually defined attitude-laden overdriven guitar tone. Legendary guitarists such as Jimmy Page, Al Di Meola, Alex Lifeson, Slash, and countless others have forged their signature sounds with a sunburst Les Paul. Epiphone now gives you the opportunity to experience that one-of-a-kind tone and look at an amazingly affordable price with the Les Paul Standard ’50s. What’s more, the Standard ’50s comes with Epiphone’s limited lifetime warranty and is backed by Gibson’s 24/7/365 customer service — so you know you’re making a solid investment.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard ’50s Features:
- Recreates the look and sound of 1950s-era Les Pauls
- Warm and resonant mahogany body and a clear-toned maple cap
- Mahogany neck with ’59 Rounded Medium C profile
- 2 ProBucker humbucking pickups
- LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge; stopbar tailpiece
- High-quality CTS electronics with ’50s-style wiring
- Epiphone Vintage Deluxe 18:1 ratio machine heads
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeLes Paul Standard ’50s
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorMetallic Gold
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck Shape’59 Rounded Medium C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Laurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Trapezoids
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.693″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/TailpieceLockTone ABR Tune-O-Matic Bridge with. Stopbar Tailpiece
- TunersEpiphone Vintage Deluxe, 18:1 ratio
- Neck PickupEpiphone ProBucker-1 Humbucker
- Bridge PickupEpiphone ProBucker-2 Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.