Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, AAA Flame Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Indian Laurel Fingerboard, and Two Humbucking Pickups – Aged Dark Burst
Inspired by the Iconic 1959 Les Paul
The Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard supplies all the hallmarks of the unforgettable ’59 Gibson — the figured AAA maple top, that lean and mean late-’50s neck profile, and those crystal-clear Gibson PAF pickups — at an irresistible price. And take it from guitarists: this thing really delivers. Whether you’ve always wanted a true ’59 and didn’t want to fork over the cash, or even if you’re a proud collector and just want an instrument to take out on the road, the Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard has the looks and features you’ve been searching for. Solid mahogany and maple tonewoods. A “VOS-like” aged gloss finish. Premium pots and hardware.
Premier tonewoods, head to toe
The late-’50s Les Paul recipe is maple on mahogany. And that’s exactly what you get in the Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard. The solid AAA flame maple cap boasts a rich natural figuring and imparts a snappy tonal quality to the rich, resonant, full-weight mahogany body. The 24.75-inch-scale mahogany neck sports the slimmed-down medium “C” profile reminiscent of true ’59s, along with the 12-inch radius and medium-jumbo frets these guitars are known for.
Gibson pickups with premium pots and caps
1959 was the year Gibson really dialed in the response of its Seth Lover PAF (“Patent Applied For”) pickups. Nowhere is this sound better captured than in Gibson’s USA-made Burstbucker pickups. The Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard comes stock with a set of these sought-after beauties wired into a set of Mallory 150 polyester film caps, with CTS pots and a Switchcraft toggle and jack to supply years of proven performance. Take it from us: this is no “mod platform” Les Paul. It comes stock with Grade A choice components straight out the Gibson Custom Shop, for plug-in ready rock and blues tones that even Gibson historians will dig.
“VOS-like” aged finish
A true first for an Epiphone, the 1959 Les Paul Standard sports an aged gloss finish that is similar in feel and appearance to the Vintage Original Spec finishes of today’s American-made Gibsons. ’50s-correct non-beveled plastics and a back “Custom Shop” Epiphone badge add to this axe’s A-plus looks.
Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Features:
- Inspired by the iconic 1959 Gibson Les Paul
- American-made Gibson USA Burstbucker pickups are brimming with late-’50s PAF goodness
- Mallory 150 polyester film tone capacitors supply a warm, mellow response
- CTS pots and Switchcraft toggle and jack are rated for years of a dependable performance
- Figured AAA maple top on a full-weight mahogany back
- Rounded Medium “C” mahogany neck nails the speed and handfeel of a true ’59
- Aged gloss finish is reminiscent of Gibson’s VOS finishes
- Tune-O-Matic bridge, Epiphone Vintage Deluxe 18:1 tuners
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body Shape1959 Les Paul Standard
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialAAA Flamed Maple
- Body FinishAged Gloss
- ColorDark Burst
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeRounded Medium C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Laurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Trapezoids
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.692″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/TailpieceLockTone Tune-o-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- TunersVintage Deluxe, 18:1 ratio
- Neck PickupGibson BurstBucker Humbucker
- Bridge PickupGibson BurstBucker Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch