Epiphone’s 1961 Classic Returns
Epiphone is throwing it back in time with the Newport Bass Guitar — back to 1961 to be exact. After all, that’s when the first all-original Newports hit the shelves. This marvelous modern model pays tribute to the rare vintage model that started it all. Its unique body shape sends out waves of vintage appeal while also making for a comfortable playing experience. This rockin’ Newport sports a body and neck constructed from mahogany that’s full of warmth and sustain. The electronics situated on the Newport comprise two humbuckers that output plenty of rich tones and a set of knobs to control volume, tone, and blend. The musical bottom line? You’ll turn heads with an Epiphone Newport bass.
Classic meets contemporary appeal
The Epiphone Newport starts off strong with a tonewood collection including warm and organic mahogany for the body and neck plus an Indian Laurel fingerboard. The 30.5-inch scale length and medium “C” profile on the Newport facilitate easy fretting for hands of all sizes. And no fret will escape you, thanks to the Newport’s symmetrical double-cutaway body that offers unfettered access to the highest frets. The finishing vintage touches on this modern model include a Historic Bass Tune-o-matic bridge and Historic Claw tailpiece that keep plenty of resonance in the body. The Newport shines with vintage appeal while still offering playability that can meet the needs of today’s bassists.
Modern-day tonal complexity
You’ll find plenty of tone combinations to love packed away in the Epiphone Newport Bass. Take a listen to the Bass Sidewinder in the neck position and you’ll be treated to that thick, vintage tone of years past. Conversely, the TB PRO in the bridge position offers a mix of brighter timbres. Unlike the one-pickup Newport iterations that came before, this Newport model delivers more tonal complexity than its vintage brethren. If you want a Newport model but can’t afford an original from the ’60s, then we recommend the Newport that rocks in the modern age.
Epiphone Newport Electric Bass Guitar:
- A modern design of an Epiphone classic from 1961
- Mahogany body and neck offer plenty of warmth and sustain
- 30.5-inch scale and medium “C” neck profile feels comfortable in many hand sizes
- Double-cutaway body makes frets accessible and has comfortable curves
- Historic Bass Tune-o-matic bridge and Historic Claw tailpiece that keep plenty of resonance in the body
- Bass Sidewinder in the neck and TB PRO in the bridge offer thick vintage tone and bright timbres
- Volume, tone, and blend knobs to create your desired tones
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Newport
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Medium C
- Neck Joint:Set Neck
- Fingerboard Material:Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length:30.5″
- Nut Width:1.633″
- Nut Material:PVC
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Historic Bass Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Claw Tailpiece
- Tuners:Die-cast, Sealed
- Neck Pickup:Bass Sidewinder Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:TB PRO Humbucker
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x tone, 1 x blend
There are no reviews yet.