Call For Price
Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Laurel Fingerboard, and 2 Single-coil Pickups – Ebony
Tailor-made for High-octane Garage Rock
Simply put, if you were rocking in the early 1960s, you wanted a Wilshire. A high-performance axe in its day, the Epiphone Wilshire was built alongside Gibson’s now-historic instruments in the company’s famed Kalamazoo, Michigan, factory. This modern Epiphone Wilshire P-90 is a spot-on re-creation of the Wilshire’s earliest incarnation, complete with a symmetrical double-cutaway mahogany body, a glued-in mahogany neck, and two red-hot PRO P-90 Soapbar pickups. This solidbody electric guitar is a garage-rock connoisseur’s dream come true by virtue of its pragmatic design, full-throttle tone, and head-turning style — it’s tailor-made for bashing out power chords. Epiphone rounded out the Wilshire P-90 with high-quality CTS pots, a rock-solid LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge, a reduced-size Kalamazoo headstock, and an eye-grabbing Epiphone Bikini badge.
Iconic tone from PRO P-90 single-coil pickups
The PRO P-90 single-coil pickups in the Wilshire P-90 are designed with many of the features of the original P-90 pickups created by Seth Lover in the ’50s. They’re sensitive pickups that respond amazingly well to the nuances of your picking. Dig in and they start to growl with a vocal-like quality. Played cleanly, the sound is rich and sparkling. If you love the articulation of single-coil pickups, but want a bit more girth to your tone, PRO P-90 pickups are the perfect choice. The Wilshire P-90 also includes individual volume and tone controls for each pickup, with high-quality CTS potentiometers to ensure the best sound possible.
Cozy playability from a glued-in, medium “C”-shaped neck
The Epiphone Wilshire P-90 offers the perfect combination of an old-school, hand-filling medium “C”-shaped neck and a modern-feeling, 12-inch-radius Indian laurel fingerboard. We’ve found this electric guitar to be a rhythm player’s delight. Whether you’re banging out a punk progression or whipping out tight chord stabs, the Wilshire P-90 will feel like an extension of your body. And while this isn’t the most shred-friendly axe on the planet, the Wilshire P-90’s double-cut solidbody makes accessing all of its 22 medium-jumbo frets effortless. To top it off, this vintage-style guitar’s glued-in neck construction enables it to sustain with no end.
Head-turning looks from period-correct aesthetics
Strapping on the Wilshire P-90 will make you look like the coolest guitarist on your scene. This idiosyncratic, head-turning axe starts with an early-model, symmetrical double-cutaway shape (the Wilshire sported an asymmetrical shape from 1963 on), but it doesn’t stop there. Its distinctively shaped pickguard is emblazoned with an eye-catching stylized “E” logo, and its reduced-size Kalamazoo headstock is adorned with an impossible-to-ignore Epiphone Bikini badge. Period-correct top hat knobs and ivory tuning buttons complete this guitar’s killer look.
Epiphone Wilshire P-90 Features:
- Spot-on re-creation of a pre-1963 Epiphone Wilshire
- Symmetrical double-cutaway mahogany body supplies easy fret access
- Glued-in mahogany neck facilitates extra sustain
- Easy-playing medium “C”-shaped neck with a 12-inch-radius, 22-fret Indian laurel fingerboard
- PRO P-90 single-coil pickups yield growling dirty tones and sparkling cleans
- High-quality CTS potentiometers ensure the best sound possible
- Rock-solid LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge
- Distinctively shaped pickguard emblazoned with an eye-catching stylized “E” logo
- Reduced-size Kalamazoo headstock with an attention-grabbing Epiphone Bikini badge
- Period-correct top hat knobs and ivory tuning buttons
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeWilshire P-90
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishGloss
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeMedium C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Laurel
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.7″
- Nut Width1.692″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/TailpieceLockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- TunersEpiphone Deluxe with Ivory buttons
- Neck PickupEpiphone PRO P-90 Soapbar Single-coil
- Bridge PickupEpiphone PRO P-90 Soapbar Single-coil
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch