A Classic Groove Machine Reborn
Born in the 1970s, the Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay has become the go-to bass for countless rock musos, punk rockers, and indie bands, among many others. Stainless steel frets promise long-term durability, even under the fingers of the most aggressive player. The pickups have been redesigned for more punch and sonic range, and the updated 18-volt preamp system delivers impressive headroom for a wide dynamic range. Plus, to help get you through long sessions with extra comfort, the body has been redesigned — lighter-weight tuning machines and hardware contribute about a pound of weight relief.
Killer electronics for super-punchy bass tone
From the very first time you plug in your Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special, you’ll appreciate both the phenomenal low-end punch and the massive tonal versatility its soapbar-style humbucker delivers. Granted, this neodymium pickup’s stout pole pieces and beefy windings supply a solid foundation for your tone, but it’s the StingRay Special’s 18-volt active preamp and 3-band EQ that really let you sculpt your sound. As a result, everyone from shoegaze-era rockers to funk masters will enjoy the extreme punch this amazing instrument delivers.
Premium maple neck plays like a dream
There’s simply no substitute for a great neck. Ernie Ball Music Man put a ton of work into developing a neck that would provide you with the perfect balance of comfort, speed, and stability. For this StingRay Special, they spec’d premium roasted maple for the neck and ebony for the fingerboard. Finished with a blend of special wax and gunstock oil, the back of the StingRay’s neck feels amazing, letting your hand glide along effortlessly. And with its 5-bolt attachment, this bolt-on neck delivers stability that easily surpasses most set necks.
Loaded with StingRay style, sound, and innovation
The StingRay Special, like the rest of Ernie Ball Music Man’s StingRay bass lineup, claims roots that run back to the 1970s, when Ernie Ball Music Man was founded. Armed with a fat and punchy sound, active electronics, and a delightfully chunky neck, it’s no wonder the StingRay became a standard for such bass players as Guy Pratt, Cliff Williams, and Flea. And this StingRay is outfitted with an ebony fingerboard for a smooth, fast feel and added sonic attack.
Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special Bass Guitar Features:
- A performance-built bass any serious player can appreciate
- 22 stainless steel frets provide exceptionally long fret life and excellent tone
- Redesigned humbucker with 18V preamp and 3-band EQ gives you fat, punchy, and versatile tone
- Redesigned body and premium maple neck deliver amazing comfort and sustain
- Redesigned hardware for a lighter, more comfortable playing experience
- Easy-access truss rod adjustment wheel
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:StingRay Special
- Body Material:Ash
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Color:Eclipse Sparkle
- Neck Material:Select Roasted Maple
- Neck Joint:5-way Bolt-on
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:22, High Wide
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.6875″
- Nut Material:Melamine
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Vintage Music Man Topload Steel Bridge
- Tuners:Custom Music Man Lightweight
- Bridge Pickup:Music Man Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 3-band Active EQ
- Strings:Super Slinky Bass, .045-.100
- Case/Gig Bag:Softshell Case
There are no reviews yet.