Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Korina Body, Maple Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, and 2 Active Humbucking Pickups – Black Sparkle
Enter Kirk Hammett’s Long Overdue Signature V!
The ESP LTD Kirk Hammett KH-V is a long-awaited 21st-century take on a metal classic, infused with metal magic and its namesake’s custom-voiced signature pickups. Diehard fans will find plenty to love, but there’s more to this guitar than sheer fandom. For starters, the KH-V’s korina body honors the “V” shape traditions with resonant mahogany-like tone and sustain. Tone quality is enhanced further with a string-through body for extra sustain. The KH-V’s set-through maple neck comes complete with ESP’s speedy “Extra Thin-U” profile so players can ride the lightning to smashing solos, even when playing close to the neck joint. Speaking of the neck’s upper frets, the access is phenomenal, with a subtle body cutaway inspired by ESP’s V-II body style. And for electronics? The KH-V wouldn’t be complete without Kirk Hammett’s signature pickups: two active EMG Bone Breakers, individually voiced humbuckers with ceramic and alnico magnets. True to their name, these Bone Breakers pack a mean punch and offer a wide dynamic range that lets you dial in the loud, organic cleans that Kirk Hammett regularly conjures up.
Coveted korina tonewood: the sonic harbinger of true “V” tone
Korina (sometimes known as limba wood) is a lightweight tonewood native to West Africa. Resonant with an open, heavy sound that’s a hallmark of classic “V” guitars, korina’s use in guitars dates back to the 1950s. Countless players compare korina to mahogany because it delivers the hard rock necessities — depth, sustain, and a complex low-mid range — but with a snappy, brighter midrange bump that translates into a captivating presence fit for an arena. Korina also generally clocks in at lower weights than mahogany, which makes it the tried-and-true pick for balancing the weight of jutting V-style wings.
Next-gen V-II body shape
Every aspiring metal player needs a good V for the stage presence alone, but some players find such guitars fit like tight jeans: great for the right occasion but not a go-to daily outfit. The KH-V remedies this with cues lifted from ESP’s next-gen V-II shape. The V-II shape features advanced contour edges with an upper contour that doubles as an armrest for improved fret-hand comfort across all 24 frets. As you near the 24th fret, a subtle V-II body cutaway makes its presence known. Many might not notice this discrete touch at first glance. Still, it accommodates players like never before and speaks volumes to the V-II shape’s playability, all while preserving that iconic “V” look. Between that and a low-profile set neck joint, shredders found hitting high notes as solos climax easier than ever with the KH-V!
EMG Bone Breakers — Kirk’s secret weapon
Bone Breaker pickups from EMG are your ticket to dynamic metal tones with serious range. These medium-hot active humbuckers equip you with Kirk Hammett’s signature sounds ranging from clean to downright brutal. Powering tone is a custom preamp tweaked to Kirk’s satisfaction. The ceramic Bone Breaker in the bridge is ready to erupt with searing gain for driving rhythms, while mellow Alnico V magnets in the neck Bone Breaker offer a breath of fresh air when it’s time to churn out soaring stadium leads. Between the two, players never have to trade volume for gain or vice versa. In summary, these are Bone Breakers, not bone crushers, with just the right amount of force to get the job done. Such balance is critical to Kirk Hammett’s style, and the ESP LTD KH-V earns its bona fides with a genuine piece of Metallica’s tone onboard.
ESP LTD Kirk Hammett KH-V Signature Electric Guitar Features:
- The definitive signature “V” of Metallica’s Kirk Hammett
- 25.5-inch scale with 24 extra-jumbo frets for low action and accurate, smooth bends
- Solid korina body — historically accurate V-tone with rich depth, sustain, and midrange presence
- “Extra Thin-U” neck profile for unfettered fretboard access
- Fingerboard adorned with symmetric wave inlays, made from fine Macassar ebony, 350mm radius
- Set maple neck — massive sustain with a low-drag feel
- 2 signature active EMG Bone Breaker humbuckers with a custom blend of ceramic and Alnico V magnets
- Custom-voiced preamp balances volume and gain for dynamic cleans and punishing riffs
- Equipped with tone-saving, gig-ready hardware: a graphite nut, locking LTD tuners, and a locking TOM-style bridge
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeKH-V
- Body MaterialKorina
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorBlack Sparkle
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeExtra Thin U
- Neck JointNeck-through
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard InlayWave
- Number of Frets24, Extra Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.653″
- Nut MaterialGraphite
- Bridge/TailpieceTonePros Locking Tune-O-Matic
- TunersLTD Locking
- Neck PickupEMG Bone Breaker Humbucker
- Bridge PickupEMG Bone Breaker Humbucker
- Controls1 x volume, 1 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch