50 Watts of Arena-filling Volume
Don’t let the EVH 5150 III’s size fool you, it packs a serious punch. This 50-watt head is loaded with seven 12AX7 preamp tubes and two 6L6s in its power section, delivering enough arena-filling volume and copious tonal attitude to rattle the windows and shake the rafters. Three channels with comprehensive tone-sculpting control supply you with plenty of sonic possibilities. Dial up chimey cleans for rhythm work, hit the included footswitch to call up tasty crunch, then hit it again for face-melting lead tones. For massive volume and tone in a compact package, check out EVH’s 5150 III.
Big volume in a scaled-down chassis
The EVH 5150 III gives you bone-crunching, arena-filling volume — in a compact, lightweight chassis. If loud is your band’s thing, the 5150 III’s two 6L6s are only too happy to oblige — putting out 50 watts into 16-, 8-, or 4-ohm loads. This gives you lots of freedom when considering speaker cabinets to build your rig. Whether you choose EVH’s compact 212, 112, or traditional straight-front 412 cab, one thing’s for sure — your bandmates (and audience) will have a hard time believing the 5150 III is only a 50-watt amp!
Copious tone mojo — and the means to control it
With the EVH 5150 III Head, you get an invitation to an all-you-can-eat buffet of tantalizing tones. The 5150 III Head is not all about how much stage volume it spits out. Once you come to grips with how loud it is, you realize that this little head gives you an amazing degree of tone-sculpting control. A Resonance control tailors the amp to different cabs. A global Presence control dials in the perfect amount of bite. You also get a shared 3-band EQ for channels 1 and 2 and an independent EQ for channel 3. Channels 1 and 2 feature dual-concentric Gain and Volume controls for independent control of each channel. From glassy cleans to full-on pyroclastic surge, the EVH 5150 III Head is a tone monster.
A classic American amp
The EVH 5150 III is based on a classic amp — the legendary EVH 5150. As Edward Van Halen’s personal statement on guitar tone, the basic design has been rocking stages around the globe since the early ’90s. Now in its third iteration, the 5150 III has been refined and updated with the latest technology and is available in the original 100-watt version as well as the amazingly loud and compact EVH 5150 III.
EVH 5150 III 50W Tube Head Features:
- 3-channel, 50-watt compact guitar head with 6L6 power tubes
- Resonance control dials the amp into different cabs
- Global Presence control and shared 3-band EQ for channels 1 and 2 with an independent EQ for channel 3
- Channels 1 and 2 feature dual-concentric Gain and Volume controls for independent control of each channel
- Effects loop for integrating your pedalboard and other processors
- Headphone jack for private practice
- Selectable impedance (4, 8, or 16 ohms) makes cabinet matching easy
- Dual parallel speaker output jacks and line output
- Included 4-button footswitch has 1/4″ input jack; also accommodates MIDI footswitching
- Number of Channels:3
- Total Power:50W
- Preamp Tubes:7 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes:2 x 6L6
- EQ:3-band EQ, Presence, Resonance
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″
- Outputs:2 x 1/4″ (parallel speakers), 1 x 1/4″ (preamp out)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- Effects Loop:Yes
- MIDI I/O:In
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4″ (channels/effects)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 4-button footswitch
- Construction Material:Birch Plywood with Ivory White textured Vinyl
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:35 lbs.
There are no reviews yet.