EL34-injected Tone in a Lightweight Chassis
The EVH 5150 III 50W EL34 packs three channels of EL34-injected tone into a lightweight chassis. Whether you’re chasing modern high-gain tones or the old-school Van Halen brown sound, the 5150 III 50W EL34 tackles both effortlessly. This little amp is a beast — it punches well above its weight with arena-filling volume and monster tonal attitude. Enjoy all the updates of the 5150 III along with a British-infused voice, thanks to the EL34-based power section. You’ll also love this amp’s in-your-face black-on-gold motif. For serious volume and monstrous high-gain tone in a compact package, look no further than the 5150 III 50W EL34.
Big volume in a scaled-down chassis
The EVH 5150 III 50W EL34 gives you bone-crunching, arena-filling volume in a compact, lightweight chassis. If loud is your band’s thing, this amp’s two EL34s are only too happy to oblige — putting out 50 watts into 16-, 8-, or 4-ohm loads. This gives you a lot of freedom when considering speaker cabinets to build your rig. Whether you choose EVH’s compact 212, 112, or a traditional straight-front 412 cab, one thing’s for sure — your bandmates (and audience) will have a hard time believing the 5150 III 50W EL34 is only a 50-watt amp!
EL34s for the brown sound
The 5150 III is a standard for high-gain guitar tones and achieving the modern Eddie crunch. But when you need that thick, sustaining tone that Ed made famous on Van Halen 1, you need to turn to this 5150 III 50W EL34. What really sets this amp apart from the rest of the range is its EL34-based power amplifier. EL34s are much of the tone of the great British rock amps of the ’70s and ’80s. This amp nails those timbres with ease, adding a level of sag and saturation that feels and sounds great. And it will still get dirty with the best of modern metal machines.
New sound, new look
The bold sound of the 5150 III 50W EL34 isn’t the only update to the legendary amp line. The head was also given a distinct and assertive look. While it shares the famous Van Halen stripe theme, this amp will look sharp in your backline with its black stripe on gold grille design. One look at this amp, and you’ll know exactly what you’re in for when plugging in.
EVH 5150 III 50W EL34 Features:
- Compact high-gain amplifier head with EL34 power tubes
- EL34 power tubes give the amp a British tone
- Channel 1 offers a sparkling compressed clean tone
- Channels 2 and 3 (crunch and lead, respectively) are dark, highly compressed, and saturated
- Resonance control dials the amp into different cabs
- Global Presence control and shared 3-band EQ for channels 1 and 2 with an independent EQ for channel 3
- Effects loop for integrating your pedalboard and other processors
- Headphone jack for private practice
- Preamp Out jack for connecting to another amp’s power in for multiple amp use, or to a mixing console
- MIDI In jack for connecting a foot controller for channel selection and effects loop bypass
- External bias adjustment and test points
- In-your-face black-on-gold motif
- Number of Channels:3
- Total Power:50W
- Preamp Tubes:7 x JJ ECC83S
- Power Tubes:2 x JJ EL34
- EQ:3-band EQ, Resonance
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″
- Outputs:2 x 1/4″ (speaker), 1 x 1/4″ (preamp)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- Effects Loop:Yes
- MIDI I/O:In
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4″ (channels/effects)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 4-button footswitch
- Construction Material:Birch Plywood with Black Textured Vinyl
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC power cable
- Weight:35 lbs.
There are no reviews yet.