Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Basswood Body, Maple Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, Floyd Rose Tremolo, and 1 Humbucking Pickup – Stealth Black
And The Star Will Rock …
A modern reinterpretation of Eddie Van Halen’s iconic Charvel parts guitar from the late 1970s, the Star Limited is primed to unleash ripping riffs, lightspeed leads, and roaring rhythms with signature EVH attitude. This guitar’s basswood “Star” body is host to a spartan setup of a lone volume knob, a single direct-mount EVH Wolfgang humbucking pickup, and a push-button kill switch — a formula combining Eddie’s later 6-string affinities with the setup of his original modded-out Charvel. Next, an EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking tremolo allows you to squeal and dive-bomb with reckless abandon, while the D-Tuna makes it a breeze to quickly swap between standard and Drop D tuning. One of the EVH Star Limited’s most eye-catching features is surely the maple neck’s bottle headstock shape — a tip of the hat to the department-store guitar neck that Eddie mated to his beloved Charvel. Finally, it wouldn’t be an EVH instrument without seriously hot-rodded performance — this guitar’s ebony fingerboard, 12- to 16-inch compound radius, and Speed Neck profile complete the EVH Star Limited with slick playability that’s sure to please even the most stringent of technically minded guitarists.
Inspired by Eddie’s iconic hybrid Charvel hybrid
Eddie Van Halen was no stranger to 6-string modifications. After all, just about every instrument he used in Van Halen’s heyday was ceaselessly adjusted and tinkered with until it fit his exacting requirements. One of his most idiosyncratic creations in the late 1970s, the “Star” guitar was built with a Charvel body and a neck from an old department-store guitar. Eddie would use this instrument extensively on Van Halen’s World Invasion tour to support Women and Children First, sealing its status as an integral instrument to EVH lore. That being said, EVH fanatics can’t help but appreciate how the Star Limited’s ebony-topped maple neck is a fully modernized remake of the original, complete with a 12–16-inch compound radius for smooth chords and riffs down low, in addition to buzz-out-free bends in the upper register.
One pickup is all you need
From his legendary Frankenstrat to the Charvel that inspired this EVH Star Limited, Eddie Van Halen is one of rock music’s most persuasive arguments that a single-pickup-instrument is more than enough to get the job done. This guitar boasts a single direct-mount EVH Wolfgang humbucker pickup in the bridge position, loaded with Alnico II magnets for a clear, cutting, and incredibly dynamic tone. From screaming sweeps to expressive solos to full-throttle rhythms, this pickup is purpose-built for loud and unapologetic rock. Aside from the single pickup, the EVH Star Limited sports a pared-back, performance-minded setup of a single volume knob and a push-button kill switch for stuttering staccato effects.
Journey to dive-bomb heaven
Everyone knows you can’t go full-blown EVH without a rock-solid tremolo. That’s why the Star Limited includes a top-mount EVH-branded Floyd Rose tremolo. Thanks to this double-locking trem, you can dive-bomb, shriek, squeak, and otherwise abuse your whammy bar without sacrificing tuning stability. The Star Limited also features EVH’s patented D-Tuna, enabling you to switch instantly from Drop D to standard tuning.
EVH Star Limited Electric Guitar Features:
- A modern reinterpretation of Eddie’s iconic hybrid Charvel guitar with a distinctive bottle headstock
- Lightweight basswood body in a “Star” shape is sure to make a statement
- Maple neck in a lightning-fast Speed Neck profile with a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish for a friction-free feel
- Ebony fingerboard in a compound 12–16-inch radius for comfortable chording at the base of the neck and smooth, effortless bends up high
- Single bridge-position direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbucking pickup with Alnico II magnets kicks out screaming, articulate leads and full-bodied rhythm crunch
- EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking tremolo to unleash harmonic squeals and decked dive-bombs
- Heel-adjust truss rod nut for easy adjustment
- EVH D-Tuna allows for quick switching to and from Drop D tuning
- Push-button kill switch for stuttering staccato effects
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeStar
- Body MaterialBasswood
- Body FinishSatin
- ColorStealth Black
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeEVH Speed Neck
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Radius12″-16″ compound
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard InlayWhite Dots
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.685″
- Nut MaterialFloyd Rose R2 Locking
- Bridge/TailpieceEVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo with D-Tuna
- Bridge PickupDirect Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucker
- Controls1 x volume, 1 x push-button kill switch