Blendable Strat and Acoustic Tones at Your Fingertips
The newest addition to Fender’s Acoustasonic family of instruments is the Acoustasonic Stratocaster. This powerful acoustic-electric hybrid gives you all you need to blend between guns-blazing rock and country leads and a veritable studio’s worth of modeled acoustic tones, all with the comfort you expect from today’s Custom Shop Strats. Sound too good to be true? Trust us: these guitars are worth the hype. Whether you’re a Nashville session player or a Sunday music leader, the Acoustasonic Strat packs a wealth of great tones in its svelte frame. Fender’s comfortable spruce-on-mahogany SIRS Strat body is built to resonate like an acoustic instrument without succumbing to the feedback issues of other stage acoustics. And its Modern Deep C mahogany neck provides effortless electric-like playability up and down the fingerboard. Acoustasonic’s bleeding-edge 3-pickup system — a real Fender N4 Noiseless magnetic single-coil paired with a Fishman Matrix undersaddle system and percussive body-top pickup — takes you from Texas sugar to six distinct acoustic tones with the flick of a switch. Powering it all is a 20-hour rechargeable battery that supports simultaneous charge-and-play for non-stop musicmaking wherever you play out.
Acoustic, electric, or both?
How would you like to layer your acoustic rhythms with heavily processed electric tones? Or volley between sweet acoustic sweeps and tasty Texas leads in the middle of a song? It’s all possible with the Acoustasonic Stratocaster. A 5-way switching system makes accessing these diverse tones a breeze. Each position features two distinct sound profiles (clean/crunch, short-scale/dreadnought), which can be continuously blended via the rear Mod knob. Whether you’re running into a PA or an amp, the Acoustasonic Strat provides great tones at the flip of a switch.
N4 Noiseless magnetic bridge pickup
The Acoustasonic’s N4 Noiseless magnetic bridge pickup achieves authentic Strat-style tones with hum-free performance. This pickup nets you crisp cleans to crunchy overdrive with a tight low end, clearly defined highs, and punchy mids to power through any mix. Surprisingly, this pickup even sounds great without an amp, plugged directly into a PA.
Fishman Matrix undersaddle system
The Fishman Matrix is one of the world’s best-selling acoustic pickups. In the Acoustasonic Strat, it provides a syrupy-sweet direct tone and plenty of range to suit any manner of music.
Body-top acoustic pickup
Whether it’s John Mayer acoustic stops or a full-on Kaki King flamenco assault you’re after, the Acoustasonic Strat’s dedicated body-top pickup, accessible in position 3, adds a percussive element that’s hard to top in traditional instruments.
10 blendable onboard voicings
Strumming, fingerpicking, and lead work all require different sounds. The Acoustasonic Strat gives you access to 10 distinct acoustic and electric voicings via its traditional 5-way blade and continuously selectable A/B mod control. Whether you’re after a big, boisterous dreadnought to fill solo space or a reduced-size short-scale to sit in a mix, it’s all at your fingertips with the Acoustasonic Stratocaster from Fender. No pedals required. Electric tones can be seamlessly blended into positions 1 and 2 to add electric grit and sustain.
Familiar Strat design
Fender has done a great job of retaining the style and playability of the beloved Strat design for an instrument as advanced as the Acoustasonic Stratocaster. From the familiar single-cut body to its great-playing, ebony-capped Modern Deep C-profile neck, everything about this guitar will make you feel right at home onstage or in the studio. Its action is a nice compromise between styles: it doesn’t bottom out for strums, and it doesn’t fret out for leads.
SIRS mahogany body
Unique to the Acoustasonic family of guitars is Fender’s mini-soundhole mahogany body with SIRS resonance enhancement system. Paired with its transverse-braced solid Sitka spruce top, the Acoustasonic Strat resonates like no guitar you’ve played before, with punchy bass and a sparkly top end that comes across loud and clear through the onboard Fishman electronics.
Onboard rechargeable battery
The days of swapping out 9-volts are over. The Acoustasonic Stratocaster comes loaded with a 20-hour integrated battery, rechargeable over USB. This battery allows you to charge and play at the same time — so if you’ve got a portable battery backup, the Acoustasonic can give you days of uninterrupted play time.
Fender Acoustasonic Stratocaster Hybrid Guitar Features:
- Hybrid Strat with 10 blendable acoustic and electric voicings
- Piezo and magnetic pickups supply acoustic tones to Texas leads
- Body-top pickup system (P3) adds a percussive element that’s hard to top in traditional instruments
- Traditional 5-way Strat blade with continuous Mod (blend) knob
- SIRS mahogany body resonates like an acoustic instrument, but without the feedback issues
- Solid Sitka spruce top adds sparkle and maturity
- Ebony-capped Modern Deep C mahogany neck rivals playability of your favorite electric
- N4 Noiseless Strat magnetic bridge pickup delivers Strat performance without the hum
- Fishman Matrix undersaddle piezo pickup comes loaded with 6 acoustic images
- 20-hour USB rechargeable battery with simultaneous charge and play
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody Acoustic-electric
- Body ShapeAcoustasonic Stratocaster
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialSolid Sitka Spruce
- Body FinishSatin Polyester
- Color3-Color Sunburst
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeModern Deep C
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard InlayWhite Dots
- Number of Frets22, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech Tusq
- Bridge/TailpieceEbony Modern Assymmetrical
- TunersFender Standard Die-cast
- Middle PickupFender Acoustasonic Noiseless Single-coil
- Bridge PickupFishman Under-saddle Transducer, Fishman Acoustasonic Enhancer
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x mod control (A/B voices), USB rechargeable battery
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch