Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
5-string Electric Bass with Alder Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 1 Split-coil Pickup – 3-color Sunburst
The American Professional II P Bass V: Upgrading Perfection
Leo Fender nailed the essence of a great instrument when he launched his Precision Bass in 1951. Today, the Fender American Professional II Precision Bass V draws on over six decades of innovation, evolution, and inspiration to exceed the requirements of today’s working bassists; and adds the extended range of a tight, responsive low B string — a must-have for theatrical pit work and many other contemporary musical contexts. The ’63 C-profile neck feels just right, with its smooth, rolled fingerboard edges, “Super-Natural” satin finish, and newly sculpted neck heel that gives you effortless access to the upper register. Fender’s new V-Mod II Precision Bass V split-coil pickup serves up classic P Bass punch and growl, with more articulation than ever before. A genuine bone nut and string-through-body or top-load 5-saddle HiMass Vintage bridge deliver solidity and sustain for authoritative tone, while lightweight vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts provide outstanding tuning stability and fast, hassle-free string changes. Rocking premium appointments, flawless playability, optimized electronics, and classic visuals, the Fender American Professional II Precision Bass V offers you a new standard of comfort, tone, and performance.
The Fender American Professional II Precision Bass V carries on the tradition of the first mass-production electric bass guitar. The Precision has driven the bass lines of some of the biggest hit records ever made. The ’60s were a typically prolific decade, with the instrument in the capable hands of session bassists like LA Wrecking Crew stalwart Carol Kaye, who lent her Precision chops to countless iconic recordings such as the Beach Boys’ “California Girls” and “Good Vibrations.” Then there was Motown bass legend James Jamerson, whose ’62 Precision (dubbed “the Funk Machine”) delivered the infectious bounce that buoyed a slew of Motown hits like the Temptations’ “My Girl” and Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Going On.” In fact, the Precision Bass was standard issue for Motown recordings. After bassist Bob Babbitt auditioned for a slot in Motown’s in-house studio rhythm section (the Funk Brothers), he was told his playing made the cut, but was instructed to “get a Precision” before returning for his first session. He did, and remained a P Bass player for the rest of his career.
The industry standard
Producers and engineers know that the Precision Bass always sits perfectly in the track, with minimal processing and the ideal amount of punch and growl. It’s the de facto industry standard. Perhaps that’s why many of today’s first-call bassists who had been playing exotic active instruments, such as LA session ace Sean Hurley (John Mayer, Gwen Stefani, Alanis Morissette, Robin Thicke), have come home to the Precision. Precision players often cite how “balanced” their instrument feels, whether they’re playing seated or standing; indeed, the P Bass is a supremely balanced instrument, from its playing feel to its fat, punchy, authoritative tone. The instantly recognizable P Bass sound is the end product of a number of factors, including scale length, tonewoods, its bolt-on neck, and of course, Fender’s one-of-a-kind Precision Bass V split-coil pickup — the latest, state-of-the-art update of which comes standard on the American Professional II Precision Bass V.
V-Mod II Precision Bass V split-coil pickup
The Precision Bass split-coil pickup bucks the hum, but it’s technically two single-coil pickups working in tandem, so it has the note definition and harmonic richness many humbucking bass pickups lack. It’s placed in an optimal position along the string length to capture and deliver girthy low end along with midrange growl that cuts through thick arrangements. And it also makes a great thumb rest! The American Professional II Precision Bass V features Fender’s latest upgrade to the 5-string version of their venerable split-coil bass pickup. The V-Mod II Precision Bass V pickup delivers greater note articulation than previous versions, while serving up the epic punch and growl the P Bass is famous for. The V-Mod II P Bass V pickup brings out the rich harmonic overtones that enhance the expressive nuances in your playing, while maintaining the solid fundamental that makes the P Bass perform admirably cross-genre, onstage and in the studio. Bass players are blown away by the flawless playability and amazing tone of the American Professional II Precision Bass V and its V-Mod II pickup. Trust us: you will be, too.
Fender American Professional II Precision Bass V Features:
- Comfort-contoured body with gloss urethane finish
- ’63 C-profile neck with “Super-Natural” satin finish
- NEW smooth, rolled fingerboard edges
- NEW sculpted neck heel for easy access to upper register
- NEW V-Mod II Precision Bass V split-coil pickup delivers classic punch and growl with enhanced articulation
- 5-saddle HiMass Vintage bridge (string-through-body or top-load) provides solidity and sustain for authoritative tone
- Bone nut; Fender lightweight vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts
- Quality crafted in Fender’s Corona, CA factory
- Includes molded hard case
- Number of Strings:5
- Body Shape:American Professional II Precision
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Color:3-Color Sunburst
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:1963 C
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.875″
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:5-Saddle HiMass Vintage
- Tuners:Fender Vintage-style
- Middle Pickup:Fender V-Mod II Precision Split Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone