The Ultimate Production J-Bass
The American Ultra neckplate graces Fender’s top-of-the-line production instruments — their most advanced series of guitars and basses for discerning players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance, and tone. The Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass delivers the same iconic vintage vibe and visuals as its ancestors. But play a few notes and you’ll quickly realize that this is a state-of-the-art, high-performance axe. The contoured offset alder body balances beautifully and always feels just right; while the fast, slim Modern D neck profile, compound-radius fingerboard, and tapered neck heel turbocharge your playing. Amazing-sounding Fender Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass pickups and active 3-band electronics complete the setup.
State-of-the-art performance, vintage-inspired tone
Plug into your amp or interface and you’ll savor legendary, punchy Jazz Bass tone with zero hum, thanks to a dynamic duo of Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass single-coil pickups. This arrangement gives you the low-end punch from the middle-position pickup, along with the aggressive growl from the bridge pickup. Mix up your signature blend, and you’re ready to roll. Whether it’s rock, funk, blues, country, or fusion; the Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass has you covered.
Fender’s revolutionary Noiseless circuitry eliminates the signal noise and hum that are inherent in vintage single-coil pickup designs. You can plug the American Ultra Jazz Bass into anything — from old-school tube combos to digital modeling software — and you’ll experience vintage-inspired tone with the level of performance you expect from cutting-edge modern electronics. The American Ultra Jazz Bass is equipped with an 18-volt active preamp for optimized headroom and punch. The control layout includes a pickup pan pot; 3-band EQ that lets you quickly shape your tone for any genre, live gig, or studio session; a passive tone control, and a mini toggle switch to disengage the active electronics.
Classic design with high-performance features
The American Ultra Jazz Bass’s performance-driven features extend to the neck in a big way. While its all-maple construction and eye-catching Fender headstock logo look standard enough, run up the fingerboard and you’ll know there’s a lot more going on. This instrument boasts an easy-playing 10″–14″ compound-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets that’s perfect for grooving down low and soloing up high; while rolled and bound fingerboard edges supply endless hours of playing comfort.
The famously fast, slender neck on the American Ultra Jazz Bass sports Fender’s Modern D profile, which, along with its super-slick Ultra Satin finish, enables enhanced maneuverability. One of our favorite elements of the American Ultra Jazz Bass here at Sweetwater is its tapered neck heel. Play it and you’ll understand — this perfectly sculpted heel gives you effortless access to the entire fingerboard, while the new 5-bolt neck plate provides an advanced neck join for optimized tone with prodigious sustain. The American Ultra Jazz Bass is a player’s dream come true.
Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass Features:
- Solid alder body; gloss finish
- Bolt-on maple neck, Modern D profile, Ultra; Satin finish with gloss headstock
- Bound rosewood fingerboard, compound 10″–14″ radius, block inlays
- 34″ scale length; 1.5″ bone nut; 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Fender Light-Weight tapered Vintage Paddle tuners
- 2 Fender Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass pickups with preamp
- Master Volume, Pickup Pan controls
- Bass, Mid, Treble, and Passive Tone controls
- Active/Passive Mini Toggle switch
- Vintage 4-saddle Vintage topload HiMass bridge
- Fender lightweight tapered Vintage Paddle tuners
- Single-action truss rod, neck heel access
- Quality crafted by Fender USA
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:American Ultra Jazz
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Modern D
- Radius:10″-14″ compound
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Pearloid Blocks
- Number of Frets:21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.5″
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:4-Saddle HiMass
- Tuners:Fender Light-weight Vintage Paddle
- Neck Pickup:Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x pan, 1 x stacked treble/bass, 1 x stacked midrange/tone, 1 x mini toggle active/passive switch