A Modern-made P Bass Right Out of ’54
Vintage tone junkies and early Fender fans alike will revel in this bass that appears to be lifted right out of a time machine. Outfitted with early P Bass contours and complimented by a ’54 Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup, the American Vintage II 1954 Precision Bass delivers that decades’ worth of sought-after tone you know and love. You’ll find classic ’54-styled features on its ash body and comfortable maple neck and fingerboard that bring it all together for P Bass perfection. Bassists agree: if you’re a die-hard fan of ’50s-era P Basses — but can’t get your hands on one of the originals — this direct descendent is for you.
Vintage vibe only Fender can provide
Fender cut no corners outfitting the American Vintage II 1954 Precision Bass with all the period-correct trappings, sifted through today’s best manufacturing processes. This brings vintage lovers a bass that looks and sounds like no other — except Fender’s own 1954 model of course. A quick look over the instrument shows period correct modeling like the 2-saddle bridge, thumb rest, and not least of all the knob plate and pickguard. These features, updated to provide modern-day resonance, deliver all the bite, growl, punch, and funk you could ever want. The split single-coil pickup serves as the cherry on top!
How does it sound?
In a word: stunning. With the tone and feel of the original instrument trapped in the ash body, its ’54 Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup does the work to bring that vintage voice to modern functionality. You’ll experience some powerful thump from this single pickup monster. As for playability, an ultra-comfortable “C”-shape with 7.25-inch radius, another classic feature set, feels great in the hand whether you play for five minutes or five hours.
Fender American Vintage II 1954 Precision Bass Features:
- A modern instrument built like the Precision Basses of 1954, producing the tone and feel of the original
- Ash body and maple neck with maple fingerboard deliver excellent resonance and tone
- “C”-shaped neck with 7.25-inch radius make for vintage playability that never lost its comfort
- Pure Vintage 2-saddle bridge with fiber saddles and finger rest for 1954 appeal
- Reverse open-gear tuners and real bone nut
- ’54 Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup for that classic thump and funk
- Master volume and master tone knobs for control over your vintage sound
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Precision
- Body Material:Ash
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:2-tone Sunburst
- Neck Material:1-piece Maple
- Neck Shape:1954 C
- Neck Joint:Bolt-on
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.70″
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Pure Vintage 2-saddle Precision Bass with Fiber Saddles
- Tuners:Pure Vintage Reverse Open Gear
- Middle Pickup:Pure Vintage ’54 Single-coil Precision
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
There are no reviews yet.