Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
4-string Bass Guitar with Alder Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 1 Split-coil Pickup – 2-tone Sunburst
Channel Fender History Circa 1960
Musical history buffs and musicians alike can’t stop talking about the American Vintage II Series around our campus. Take the American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass, for instance. On its period-accurate body, you’ll find many of the heralded achievements forged in the late ’50s and early ’60s over at Fender. Instead of the earlier Telecaster-like appointments found on earlier P Basses, you’ll find a Strat-like headstock, more comfortably curved body contours, and a modern-made Pure Vintage ’60 Split-Coil P Bass pickup. The alder body, hard-rock maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard polish this vintage time-machine off with the right concoction to supply serious ’60s-inspired bass tones.
American Vintage II good to be true
Just a cursory glance at the American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass and you might mistake it for the real thing. Fender made certain to outfit this bass with hardware like a 4-saddle bridge, pickguard-mounted electronics, and the classic “C”-shaped neck with 7.25-inch fingerboard radius. While these details deliver the familiar look, the comfortably contoured alder body and Pure Vintage ’60 Split-Coil P-Bass pickup serve up the quintessential tone this classic hit-machine is known for.
Powerful punch from a Precision Bass
The powerful aesthetic of the American Vintage II 1960 P Bass is only matched by the electronics found inside. Filtered through modern-day technical mastery, the Pure Vintage ’60 Split-Coil P Bass pickup delivers tone that’ll really knock your socks off. A master tone and a master volume knob accompany the pickup, allowing you to fine-tune your sound. With this P Bass in hand, you’ll find all the punch, glory, and guts of the original model — plus the precision of modern-day Fender craftsmanship.
Fender American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass Features:
- A modern-made Precision Bass that delivers all the looks and tone of the original 1960 model
- Alder body for plenty of resonance and sustain
- “C”-shaped hard-rock maple neck for vintage comfort married to a 7.25-inch radius slab rosewood fingerboard
- Meticulously voiced Pure Vintage ’60 Split-Coil P-Bass pickup offers vintage tone that punches with plenty of spunk
- Period-accurate body with ’60s Stratocaster-esque comfort curves
- Pickguard-mounted electronics and a 4-saddle bridge
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Precision
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:2-color Sunburst
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:1960 C
- Neck Joint:Bolt-on
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Clay Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.70″
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Pure Vintage 4-saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Tuners:Pure Vintage Reverse Open Gear
- Middle Pickup:Pure Vintage ’60 Split-coil Precision
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone