Solidbody Electric Guitar with Ash Body, Maple Neck and Fingerboard, and 3 Single-coil Pickups – Mocha
Coveted ’73 Stratocaster Charm
After the heyday of early-’60s surf rock, Fender and several guitarists were on a quest to uncover the perfect Strat sound. Everything from the classic Alnico III single-coil pickup down to the gloss finish was manipulated with the goal of distilling Stratocaster tone like no other. With the American Vintage II Strat, Fender has now brought back the quintessential 1973 model with unparalleled authenticity. Built with ash and maple tonewoods and featuring an exclusive trio of single-coil Strat pickups, the ’73 Strat is a perfect emulation of a beloved axe classic. Considering it retains the same “C” neck profile and familiar fretboard access, holding an American Vintage II guitar feels akin to wielding an instrument rife with legendary 20th-century tone.
Classic Strat maneuverability
The shape, feel, and build of a guitar are the first things you notice before you’re about to play. With that idea in mind, Fender took care in making sure that the American Vintage II ’73 Strat was as authentically manufactured as its predecessor. The same classic “C”-shape neck profile completes the ’73 Strat’s true maneuverability, allowing you to glide between notes. An accurately designed ash and maple construction feels like holding an authentic musical artifact, while amounting to a sturdy build. Topped off with a delicate gloss finish, this Strat is the closest thing to grabbing a real-deal axe off the line in 1973.
Definitive single-coil trio
What’s the most iconic detail of a ’73 Strat? Its mid-end punch and bright treble tone, of course! Lined with three Pure Vintage ’73 single-coil Strat pickups, you’ll revel in this guitar’s mid-century audial palette, including singing high notes, textured rhythms, and everything in between. The classic Stratocaster control panel includes a 5-way pickup switch and twin tone knobs, letting you maximize your output to your desired taste. Tied together with a single volume knob and easy access to a vintage synchronized tremolo, you’ll be able to conjure up any tone that crosses your creative wit.
American Vintage II authenticity
As with Fender’s first American Vintage series, the American Vintage II line of guitars strive to be as accurate as possible in terms of looks, build, tone, and appointments. When you’re buying an American Vintage II guitar, you’re not only getting a classic-looking axe, but you’re also afforded handpicked vintage-style hardware that’s designed to emulate the performance of a true 20th century instrument. When it comes to gear, musicians are big fans of the classics. Trust us: after playing an American Vintage II guitar, it’s not easy to put it down.
Fender American Vintage II 1973 Stratocaster Electric Guitar Features:
- Ash and maple construction provide a vintage build with added stability and comfort
- Authentic 1973 “C”-shape neck profile provides maximum maneuverability and a solid hold on your fretboard
- Nickel and chrome hardware made to model coveted guitar appointments of ages past
- Faithful vintage synchronized tremolo with “Ash Tray” bridge cover generates warm guitar waves with ease
- 3 Pure Vintage ’73 Single Coil Strat pickups flawlessly replicate an entire spectrum of classic sounds
- Tune in to your perfect sound with a standard 5-position pickup switch, dual tone knobs and a single volume control
- Pure Vintage Fender “F” stampedtuning machines keep your intonation stable while providing a stellar visual display
- Premium gloss finish presents a renown Strat shine
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeStratocaster
- Body MaterialAsh
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck Shape1973 C
- Neck Joint3-way Bolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard InlayBlack Dots
- Number of Frets21, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.650″
- Nut MaterialBone
- Bridge/TailpieceAmerican Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Ash Tray Bridge Cover
- TunersPure Vintage Fender “F” Stamped
- Neck PickupPure Vintage ’73 Single-coil Strat
- Middle PickupPure Vintage ’73 Single-coil Strat
- Bridge PickupPure Vintage ’73 Single-coil Strat
- Controls1 x master volume, 2 x tone
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.