An ’80s Fender Bass is Back and Better Than Ever
Bringing back an ’80s Fender classic to a new generation of players, the Fender Boxer Series Precision Bass combines P Bass and J Bass pickups for impressively versatile tone. These high-output passive pickups deliver plenty of punch and girth, while a 3-way pickup selector and individual volume controls for each pickup yield a variety of sonic combinations to explore. And an enjoyable exploration it will be, thanks to the Boxer Series Precision Bass’ comfortable Medium “C” neck profile, easy-playing 12-inch fretboard radius, and jumbo frets. If you’re searching for the feel of a classic Fender bass, but with higher output pickups than old-school Fenders, you’ll be impressed with the Fender Boxer Series Precision Bass.
P/J Bass pickups deliver the best of both worlds
Between the Precision Bass and the Jazz Bass, Fender has created some of the most iconic bass guitar tones ever recorded. The Fender Boxer Series, equipped with a high-output combination of P Bass and J Bass pickups, gives you the best of both worlds. Switch to the neck position for the deep thump the P Bass is loved for. Flip over to the J Bass pickup at the bridge for the mid-focused growl only a Jazz Bass provides. Or combine them in the middle position, with individual volume controls for each pickup allowing you to dial in your ideal blend of both.
How a neck feels is subjective, of course, but many players at Sweetwater feel that Fender’s Medium “C” neck profile is a nice balance between the stout feel of fatter necks and the speedy feel of thinner necks. Modern players will feel right at home with the 12-inch radius of the rosewood fretboard. And playability is enhanced by the precise feel jumbo frets are known for. Bolstered by the dynamic response of its pickups that encourages you to really dig in, the Fender Boxer Series Precision Bass is a delight to play.
Fender Boxer Series Precision Bass 4-string Bass Guitar Features:
- Made in Japan, based on Fender’s Boxer series from the ’80s
- High-output passive pickups deliver punchy, girthy tones with impressively dynamic response
- P/J pickups offer definitive P Bass and J Bass tones in the neck and bridge pickup selector positions
- Individual volume controls for each pickup let you dial in your ideal tonal combination when in the middle pickup selector position
- Comfortable playability from the Medium “C” neck profile, and enhanced with the precise feel of jumbo frets