For authentic alt-rock pop-punk Telecaster style, the Jim Adkins JA-90 Telecaster Thinline delivers the authentic mid-2000s tone and vibe of the Jimmy Eat World frontman’s distinctive instrument. Adkins joined us to design this semi-hollow guitar, based on his TC-90 Telecaster and hot-rodded with several special design modifications that make it the very embodiment of sonic “sweetness.”
- Semi-hollow ash body with matching headstock
- Maple set neck with modern “C”-shaped profile
- 9.5”-radius laurel fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets
- Dual Seymour Duncan® SP90 single-coil pickups
- Three-way toggle pickup switch on upper bout
- Four control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup)
- Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and anchored tailpiece
SEMI-HOLLOW ASH BODY
The Jim Adkins JA-90 Telecaster Thinline expertly evokes the late-’60s/early-’70s originals with a finely crafted semi-hollow ash body. Lightweight and stylish, it’s a classic Fender form with pronounced playing comfort and timeless semi-hollow tone.
In addition to its many other fine features, the Jim Adkins JA-90 Telecaster Thinline features the added elegance of a matching painted headstock.
SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS
The two Seymour Duncan® soap-bar pickups on the Jim Adkins JA-90 Telecaster Thinline deliver distinctively full-voiced tone.