*CHIP AND SCARTCHED IMAGED, LIGHT SCRATCHING ON BODY*
Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
The Strat That Sold 500 Million Records
Daft Punk, Chic, David Bowie, Madonna, Diana Ross, Duran Duran. What do these artists have in common? A single Strat, appropriately dubbed the Hitmaker, expertly played by Nile Rodgers on some of their iconic hits. If you’d like to capture some of the Hitmaker’s legendary rhythm quack, Fender has replicated the original to create the Nile Rodgers Hitmaker Stratocaster. The Hitmaker features a 1960-style alder body that differs from a traditional Strat, with greater contours and a slightly smaller size — which, according to Nile (and Cory Wong!), improves the tone. Paired with this body is a 1-piece maple neck that sports a comfortable ’59 profile, loaded with 9.5-inch radius and medium-jumbo frets to facilitate Nile’s funky rhythm chops. A trio of Hitmaker single-coil Strat pickups are voiced to replicate all the glassy quack and bell-like tone of the original Hitmaker Strat. Finally, just like Nile’s original guitar, this guitar boasts a rock-solid hardtail bridge.
Slightly downsized body
Nile tells us that his Strat has a special quality to its sound, and who are we to argue with the Hitmaker’s unparalleled résumé? One thing that adds to the Hitmaker’s signature treble bite is its somewhat unusually shaped body that’s slightly smaller and more contoured than a traditional Strat. Nile specifically requested this, and it’s not just him: Cory Wong asked for the same thing on his signature Strat!
Signature “Hitmaker” pickups
If you’ve listened to pop music at any point in the past 40 or so years, then you’ve heard the Hitmaker’s signature treble quack. The Fender Nile Rodgers Hitmaker Strat’s pickups are a stunning re-creation of Nile’s original models, voiced to capture the sound that backed the rhythm of several decades of funky pop hits, from David Bowie to Chic to Daft Punk.
Often overshadowed by traditional vibrato models, Fender has produced hardtail Stratocasters since 1955. For the player who doesn’t require a vibrato, the hardtail model offers many advantages, including improved tuning stability, easier setups, and faster string changes. By removing the route needed for the vibrato unit, hardtail Strats have a higher body mass, and guitarists find this leads to greater sustain and resonance.
Fender Nile Rodgers Hitmaker Stratocaster Electric Guitar Features:
- Replication of Nile Rodgers legendary Hitmaker Strat, heard on several decades’ worth of pop hits
- Slightly downsized 1960-style alder body with greater contours
- 1-piece maple neck with a comfortable ’59 that fills out your hand, with a sleek satin finish
- Smooth playing 9.5-inch radius with medium-jumbo frets
- Hardtail Strat bridge offers greater tuning stability and sustain
- 3 Hitmaker Stratocaster pickups capture the rhythm bite of Nile’s original guitar
- Olympic White lacquer finish and mirrored chrome-plated brass pickguard to match the looks of the original Hitmaker
- Rock-solid Sperzel locking tuners
- “Nile Rodgers & Chic” logo on the back of the headstock, with a Hitmaker logo on the neck plate
- Custom hard case with Hitmaker-embroidered interior
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeNile Rodgers Hitmaker Stratocaster
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishSatin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorOlympic White
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck Shape1959 C
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard InlayBlack Dots
- Number of Frets21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.625″
- Nut MaterialBone
- Bridge/Tailpiece6-Saddle String-through Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- TunersSperzel Locking
- Neck PickupHitmaker Nile Rogers Strat Single-coil
- Middle PickupHitmaker Nile Rogers RWRP Single-coil
- Bridge PickupHitmaker Nile Rogers Strat Single-coil
- Controls1 x master volume, 2 x tone
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch