Shorter Scale Length Means Eminent Playability
Ever since 1956 the Fender Duo-Sonic solidbody electric guitar has been the choice of adventurous musicians that dig Fender style, but want something a little different than a Tele or a Strat. The Player Duo-Sonic’s unique voice is due to its 24″ scale length — it’s got a vibrant sound, and it also makes for a very playable instrument. It’s got a slinky feel, extended chords are easier to finger, and you can pull off multi-step bends easily. A pair of single-coil pickups deliver sweet, glassy Fender tone, with sound-shaping provided by a three-way selector and Master Volume and Tone controls. Beginners and experts alike agree that there’s a lot to love about the Fender Player Duo-Sonic.
Classic Fender tone from two single-coil pickups
The Fender Player Duo-Sonic packs two single-coil Duo-Sonic pickups, plus three-way switching and Master Volume and Tone controls. These pickups deliver those glassy clean ’50s-style Fender tones, and also have enough output to make your amplifier growl when you turn up the volume knob.
Shorter scale length isn’t just for beginners
The Duo-Sonic has long been a favorite among beginners and players with smaller hands, thanks to its shorter 24″ scale length. And easier chording isn’t all that the shorter scale has to offer — it lends a slinky feel to this guitar, and makes it easier to pull off big string bends. Short-scale instruments like the Player Duo-Sonic also tend to have a more powerful, low-mid focused tonality due to the shortened speaking length of the strings.
This neck feels great
With a “C” profile and 9.5″ fretboard radius, the Fender Player Duo-Sonic will feel familiar to any Fender fan. One thing we really dig is that the back of the neck is finished in satin polyurethane, as opposed to the glossy polyurethane on the body. The satin finish feels fast and smooth in your hand, delivering a broken-in feel from day one.
Fender Player Duo-Sonic Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Based on the original Duo-Sonic guitars from 1956
- Smaller body and shorter 24″ scale length for comfortable playability
- Satin neck finish feels fast and smooth compared to glossy necks
- Duo-Sonic single-coil pickups deliver classic Fender chime
- Strings-through-body design enhances sustain and note definition
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapePlayer Duo-Sonic
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- ColorSeafoam Green
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeC
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialPau Ferro
- Fingerboard InlayWhite Dots
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24″
- Nut Width1.650″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece6-Saddle Strings-through Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- TunersStandard Die-cast Sealed
- Neck PickupDuo-Sonic Single-coil
- Bridge PickupDuo-Sonic Single-coil
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.