Fender Tone with a Modern Edge
The Player Series Jaguar Bass is teeming with classic Fender tone and styling, along with the playability you’d expect from a modern instrument. No matter what sound you’re reaching for, the Player Series Jaguar Bass’s versatile combination of Precision and Jazz Bass-style pickups will help you achieve it. Enjoy ultra-fast feel, by virtue of a Modern C-shaped neck with a contemporary 9.5″ fingerboard radius. Other features include a synthetic bone nut, 4-saddle standard bridge, and Fender standard open-gear tuners. Want classic Fender tone with a modern edge? Then pick up a Player Series Jaguar Bass — it delivers the sound and performance you’re itching for.
Fender’s Player Series: vintage vibe, modern edge
For their new Player Series basses, Fender went back to the drawing board with updated radii for more historically accurate body shapes, new vintage-inspired finishes, and a classic logo that harken back to the Fenders of yesteryear. But these smooth-playing instruments also look to the future with new Alnico 5 pickups that crank out legendary Fender tone by the boatload. There’s never been a better time to get into a genuine Fender bass. Pick up a Player Series bass, and lay down the groove with a modern classic.
Versatile pickup combination
The duet of P and J pickups is one of the most flexible and clear-sounding combinations available. Thanks to its traditional split-coil Precision Bass pickup, you can count on the Player Series Jaguar Bass to pump out dynamically intense tone. With a Jazz Bass single-coil pickup at the bridge position, this versatile bass guitar packs a powerful midrange punch. Bassists here often combine the tones for a punchy sound with added clarity.
Tonal versatility from individual volume controls
The Player Series Jaguar Bass is incredibly versatile — it fits in with virtually any bass rig. Individual volume and pickup controls let you fine-tune your pickup combination until it has just the right balance of power and punch, and you can dial in the amount of clarity you prefer with the master tone control.
Maple neck with comfortable modern “C” shape
Leo Fender wasn’t a guitar player, so he didn’t really know that guitars weren’t supposed to have maple necks. Eventually, the blond maple necks became a Fender trademark. The Player Series Jaguar Bass has a nicely balanced maple neck with a modern “C” shape and a fast-playing 9.5″-radius maple fingerboard. One thing’s for sure — you’ll have a great time putting this electric bass guitar through its paces.
Fender Player Series Jaguar Bass Features:
- Teeming with classic Fender tone and styling, along with modern playability
- Versatile combination of Precision and Jazz Bass-style pickups
- Individual volume controls expand your tonal flexibility
- Fast-playing Modern C-shaped neck with a contemporary 9.5″ fingerboard radius
- Synthetic bone nut enhances vibrational transfer through the neck
- 4-saddle standard bridge supplies excellent sustain and intonation
- Fender standard open-gear tuners for rock-solid tuning
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Jaguar
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Modern C
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.5″
- Nut Material:Synthetic Bone
- Tuners:Fender Standard Open-gear
- Middle Pickup:Player Series Alnico 5 P Split Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Player Series Alnico 5 J Single-coil
- Controls:2 x volume, 1 x master tone