Authentic Fender Tone with a Modern Edge
Looking for classic P Bass sound and style? Then pick up the Fender Player Series Precision Bass. It provides the quintessential P Bass experience — with the playability you’d expect from a modern instrument. Lay down the groove with classic fat tones, by way of an Alnico V split-coil pickup. Experience a great fast feel, thanks to a Modern “C” neck profile and contemporary 9.5″ fingerboard radius. You also get a synthetic bone nut, 4-saddle standard bridge, and Fender standard open-gear tuners. Authentic Fender tone with a modern edge — what more could a bass player ask for?
Fender’s Player Series: vintage vibe, modern edge
For their new Player Series basses, Fender went back to the drawing board with updated radii for more historically accurate body shapes, new vintage-inspired finishes, and a classic logo that harken back to the Fenders of yesteryear. But these smooth-playing instruments also look to the future with new Alnico V pickups that crank out legendary Fender tone by the boatload. There’s never been a better time to get into a genuine Fender bass. Pick up a Player Series bass and lay down the groove with a modern classic.
Versatile, vintage pickup
The Player Series Precision Bass comes loaded with an Alnico V split-coil pickup. The sound this pickup puts out ranges from fat low end to punchy midrange to toothy treble — a beautiful sonic combination that is the foundation of the P Bass’s tone. Jazz, funk, rock — this bass can cover it all with the kind of tonal styling that leaves you and your audience satisfied.
Maple neck with comfortable modern “C” shape
Leo Fender wasn’t a guitar player, so he didn’t really know that guitars weren’t supposed to have maple necks. Eventually, the blond maple necks became a Fender trademark. The Player Series Precision Bass has a nicely balanced maple neck with a modern “C” shape and a fast-playing 9.5″-radius pau ferro fingerboard. One thing’s for sure — the bassists here at Sweetwater had a great time putting this electric bass guitar through its paces.
Classic P Bass design
Leo Fender brought us the Precision Bass back in the 1950s, and its classic body shape and comfortable neck continue to give today’s Player Series version excellent playability and a distinctive look. Players from all genres have embraced the P Bass, and it continues to be a favorite in the studio and on stages everywhere. As with so many of Fender’s original designs, the man got the essence of a great instrument right the first time. And over a half-century later, the Player Series Precision Bass stands as a sterling example.
Fender Player Series Precision Bass Features:
- Provides the quintessential P Bass experience, along with modern playability
- Alnico V split-coil pickup ranges from fat low end to punchy midrange to toothy treble
- Fast-playing Modern C-shaped neck with a contemporary 9.5″ fingerboard radius
- Synthetic bone nut enhances vibrational transfer through the neck
- 4-saddle standard bridge supplies excellent sustain and intonation
- Fender standard open-gear tuners for rock-solid tuning
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Precision
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyester
- Color:Capri Orange
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Modern C
- Fingerboard Material:Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.625″
- Nut Material:Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:4-saddle Standard
- Tuners:Fender Standard Open-gear
- Middle Pickup:Player Series Alnico 5 P-Bass Split Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone