Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that’s been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Alder Body, Maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard, and 2 Single-coil Pickups – Black
The Jaguar’s Rarest Iteration — Revived
The Vintera II ’70s Jaguar represents Fender’s loving tribute to the rarest of all vintage-era Jaguar models, packed to the brim with vintage vibe and iconic short-scale offset tone. This guitar’s exceptionally comfortable offset alder body and expressive “floating” tremolo and bridge system are Jaguar-standard features of any era, but the neck truly sets this particular Jag apart. For the most part, Jaguars are strictly spec’d with rosewood fingerboards, with one major exception. In the ’70s, Fender experimented with a beautiful black block-and-bound maple neck and fingerboard — a spec perfectly mirrored on the Vintera II ’70s Jaguar. Plus, the comfortable Late ’70s “C” neck and classic 7.25-inch-radius fingerboard capture the feel of a true classic. Two vintage-style ’70s single-coil Jaguar pickups and a vintage-correct, chromed-out control scheme complete the package, replete with all the offbeat CBS-era attitude of the Jag in its most idiosyncratic form.
Dual vintage-voiced Jaguar pickups and classic chromed-out controls
Two Fender vintage-style ’70s single-coil Jaguar pickups imbue the Vintera II ’70s Jaguar with all the sparkle, chime, and depth you’d expect from a top-class Jag. You also get a complete outfit of vintage-correct Jaguar controls, which are far more straightforward than one might think despite their beaming chrome and unusual switches.
The control plate is home to your typical volume and tone knobs, while the 3-switch plate gives you individual on/off selectors for both your neck and bridge pickups, along with a bass-cutting “strangle” switch for added bite. Flipping the switch on the upper bout’s rhythm circuit disables all other controls on the guitar and unlocks a dark, moody neck-pickup-only tone that can be adjusted by the plate’s dedicated tone and volume roller knobs. The Jaguar is often seen as the underdog of Fender’s 6-string creations, but after plugging the Vintera II ’70s Jaguar in, plenty of guitarists would argue that it’s one of the most versatile guitars that Leo ever dreamed up.
Shimmer, sway, and glide with Fender’s “floating” tremolo
From subtle surfy sway to seasick shoegaze-inspired textures, the Fender “floating” tremolo system offers an expressive feel you can’t get anywhere else. And while the system is undoubtedly revered for its rock-solid stability and effortlessly smooth feel, it’s also a critical tonal element to the offset guitar experience. Why? The traditional Fender offset trem and rocking bridge setup features a lower break angle than many other Fender guitars, resulting in a sharper attack that quickly fades to make room for the rest of your notes. It’s a wholly unique tone from any other Fender creation and a surefire way to stand out from the crowd.
The epitome of ’70s Fender style
What’s so ’70s about the Fender Vintera II ’70s Jaguar? While vintage disciples certainly appreciate 1970s-era voicing of the pickups, the true defining factor here is the black block-and-bound maple neck and fingerboard. Even in the ’70s, this was an exceptionally rare spec to find — which is unfortunate, as we’d argue that it’s one of the most eye-catching designs in the Fender catalog! This elegant neck is carved out into a late ’70s “C” shape to provide comfort and a familiar grip to any Fender fan, and you also get a traditional 7.25-inch radius for more period-accurate authenticity.
Fender Vintera II ’70s Jaguar Electric Guitar Features:
- Alder offset body is extremely comfortable when played both sitting and standing
- Classic 24-inch Jaguar scale length offers a sharper, fundamentally heavy sound
- Maple neck carved into a late ’70s “C” profile
- Maple fingerboard complete with black block inlays and black binding
- Period-correct 7.25-inch radius and 22 vintage tall frets are exceptionally comfortable when chording
- Dual vintage-style ’70s single-coil Jaguar pickups give you a bold, cutting tone with a thumping low end and chimey highs
- Traditional Jaguar electronics, including a bass-cut strangle switch and dark, moody rhythm circuit
- Offset floating tremolo system offers endless expression, from surfy sway to shoegaze glide
- Reliable Fender Vintage “F” Stamped tuners make string changes a breeze
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeJaguar
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeLate ’70s C
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard InlayBlack Block
- Number of Frets22, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length24″
- Nut Width1.650″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable
- TunersFender Vintage F Stamped
- Neck PickupFender Vintage-style ’70s Jaguar Single-coil
- Bridge PickupFender Vintage-style ’70s Jaguar Single-coil
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 2 x thumbwheel (neck volume, neck tone)
- Switching4 x slide switches (Lead/Rhythm, Neck On/Off, Bridge On/Off, Bass Cut)