The Iconic Axe That Rocked a Million Stadiums
Armed with an iconic angular body and eye-grabbing hockey-stick headstock, the Gibson ’70s Explorer re-creates the trail-blazing axe that rocked a million stadiums. The Explorer’s resonant mahogany body and comfortable rosewood-topped SlimTaper mahogany neck offer a memorable playing experience night after night. Under the hood, twin ’70s Tribute Burstbucker pickups deliver a tight low end, complex midrange, and sweet highs to cater to rock and well beyond. To top it off, small touches like black speed knobs and chrome hardware give this solidbody electric guitar an arena-ready look. Spice up your guitar collection with the Gibson ’70s Explorer!
You just can’t beat the feel of this Explorer’s slim neck
The ’70s Explorer gives you the smooth feel and fast action of Gibson’s SlimTaper profile neck. Early Les Pauls had huge necks, but by 1960 the neck underwent several modifications, eventually becoming the standard SlimTaper carve. And when you add to that the ultra-smooth feel of its rosewood fingerboard, you get the best of both comfort and performance. In fact, the comfortable playability of its SlimTaper neck is, at least in part, the reason for its long-standing popularity on the metal scene.
’70s Tribute Burstbucker pickups deliver timeless PAF humbucker tone
When it comes to capturing that classic Gibson tone, nothing beats the sound of Burstbucker pickups. You’ll love the tight low end, complex midrange, and sweet highs you’ll get out of these pickups — it’s everything you expect when you pick up a Gibson! That’s because Burstbucker pickups were designed to re-create the sound of original PAF humbuckers to perfection. So if you want the time-tested tone of a classic Gibson, the ’70s Explorer is the guitar for you.
Plek’d for precision playability
The ’70s Explorer feels fast and precise thanks in large part to Plek processing. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own. Each note rings loud and clear, and the fret edges feel smooth as silk.
Gibson ’70s Explorer Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Comfortable, lightweight mahogany body lets you rock all night
- Slim, lightweight, and smoothly contoured mahogany body won’t tax your back
- Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays looks cool and is easy on your fingers
- SlimTaper mahogany neck feels great and provides ultra-fast action
- ’70s Tribute Burstbucker pickups give you that timeless PAF humbucker tone
- Hand wired with Orange Drop capacitors to ensure spot-on classic tone
- Black speed knobs and chrome hardware offer an arena-ready look
- Plek’d for precision playability
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body Shape’70s Explorer
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorClassic White
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeSlim Taper
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylic Dots
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.695″
- Nut MaterialGraphTech
- Bridge/TailpieceAluminum Nashville Tune-O-Matic with Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
- TunersGrover Rotomatics
- Neck Pickup’70s Tribute Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup’70s Tribute Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.