Gibson’s Unique Powerhouse Acoustic
The Gibson J-35 evolved from the struggles that guitar builders faced during the Great Depression, but it’s becoming an enduring sleeper hit for professional guitarists. The Gisbon J-35 borrows features from Gibson’s powerful jumbo body shape, such as the jumbo’s large volume-enhancing lower bout. But the J-35’s feel is slimmer and easier to handle than a massive jumbo. A round-shoulder design keeps this guitar’s voice sweet and articulate, whether you’re strumming chords or fingerpicking. Each J-35 is built in Bozeman, Montana, by passionate artisans who understand what makes this guitar such an enduring option for discerning players. This acoustic-electric features gig-ready LR Baggs VTC electronics and glorious solid-wood construction. A spruce top paired with mahogany back and sides, a mahogany neck, and a rosewood fingerboard yield distinct resonance packed with equal clarity and depth.
Spruce and mahogany — the perfect pairing!
Few acoustic tonewood pairings capture the magic of mahogany and spruce. Mahogany shapes and holds notes with excellent focus, sustain, and midrange, while spruce adds a dash of top-end treble magic (not to mention strong volume and projection). This GibsonJ-35 features a satin-finished Sitka spruce top with mahogany back and sides. Also, premium hardware, including a rosewood bridge, bone saddle, and a bone nut, ensures that your guitar strings and tonewoods always resonate with strength and clarity, resulting in a playing experience like no other.
The J-35’s neck is made from satin-finished mahogany, a classic choice that feels natural, sturdy, and fluid. The neck features a smooth 19-fret rosewood fingerboard with stunning dot mother-of-pearl inlays. The fingerboard features Gibson’s reliable 24.75-inch scale, which guarantees a slightly softer, slinkier string feel than the average acoustic — which is especially useful if you’re big on bends, hammer-ons, or progressive fingerpicking! Additionally, this guitar comes equipped with ultra-sturdy Gotoh tuners that ensure reliable performance and plenty of solid playtime — with tuning breaks few and far in between.
LR Baggs VTC electronics
LR Baggs VTC electronics capture the kind of amplified acoustic tone you’d expect from a world-class audio engineer working overtime. At the core of the VTC system is an LR Baggs Element pickup with tone and volume controls, which is a unique build that tracks the guitar top’s vibrations instead of string attack. VTC technology saturates amplified tone with extra harmonic content and analog warmth that’s natural sounding yet noticeably better than a standard acoustic pickup. Additional dynamic automatic EQ handles problematic frequencies as they arise with touch-sensitive compression that works with your playing for a more authentic amplified tone that’s tough to beat.
Gibson Acoustic ‘30s J-35 Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Blends traditional Gibson looks with modern features and durability
- Sitka spruce top with satin finish for rich tonal depth and dash of vibrant sparkle
- Modified jumbo-style body — a Depression-era invention with the enhanced volume and sustain of a jumbo in a more compact guitar
- Mahogany back and sides for rich, robust tone with strong dynamic sensitivity
- Premium hardware — a bone nut, rosewood bridge, and Gotoh tuners enhance tone and keep strings in tune
- Enhanced scalloped X-bracing
- Satin-finished mahogany neck with comfortable round Gibson neck carve
- Rosewood fingerboard with 19 frets and mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- 24.75-inch scale with a slightly softer, slinkier string feel
- Premium headstock inlay made from genuine abalone
- LR Baggs VTC under-saddle pickup with volume and tone controls
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:J-35
- Color:Faded Natural
- Finish:Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding:Multi-ply Top
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Round
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:19
- Scale Length:24.75″
- Tuning Machines:Grover Open Back
- Bridge Material:Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.725″
- Electronics:LR Baggs VTC
There are no reviews yet.