*CHIP IN UPPER RIGHT PART OF FRONT OF HEADSTOCK*
A J-45 with the Look and Sound of the ’60s
This throwback J-45 proves why Gibson’s timeless dreadnought is forever known as “The Workhorse.” The Gibson Acoustic ’60s J-45 Original features a round-shouldered dreadnought mahogany body with a Sitka spruce top and nitro finish to strike the imitable ’60s Gibson balance of rich lows, detailed mids, and mellow highs. All told, it’s a recipe for revelatory tone and mammoth projection. The period-correct nut spacing makes for comfortable fingering anywhere on the neck. And ’60s-era appointments, including a cream Grover strap button and double antiqued binding, make for one unforgettable playing experience. Whether you’re performing folk, rock, indie, or country music, you’ll delight in the feel and tone of this classic American institution: the ’60s J-45 Original.
Premium tonewoods, vintage-inspired appointments
The J-45’s beloved body style is a tried-and-true standard onstage and in studios the world over. The Gibson ’60s J-45 Original features a mahogany neck, body, back, and sides for rich, controlled bass, with a nitrocellulose-finished Sitka spruce top for that subtle sparkle of the 1960s. A real bone nut and saddle are paired with a tapered dovetail neck joint to enhance sustain for lingering chords and haunting ballads.
Classic 1960s tone and handling
Gibson round-shoulder dreadnoughts are steeped in Gibson tradition and lauded for their feel as much as their tone. The 1960s J-45 Original sports the same classic sound and even gives your hands the same playing experience as an actual ’60s model. Its narrower nut width comes in at 1.68″ (1-11/16″), bringing the string spacing closer together and making chording faster and more comfortable. The J-45 excels as a powerful strummer, so acoustic players particularly recommend this instrument for singer/songwriters and session players looking for a great rhythm instrument with flawless recordability.
Timeless Gibson American craftsmanship
Handcrafted since day one by some of the most skilled luthiers around, Gibson acoustic guitars have inspired countless players around the world. When you pick up a ’60s J-45 Original or another Gibson acoustic, you know you’re getting the finest tonewoods, quality hardware, and incredible attention to detail. These instruments are built to sound great and stand the test of time.
Gibson Acoustic ’60s J-45 Original Guitar Features:
- Round-shoulder J-45 with 1960s appointments
- Narrow nut width (1.68″) is comfortable to play in any position
- Classic appointments include double antiqued binding and a cream Grover strap button
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish supplies true vintage look and tone
- Premium Sitka spruce/mahogany body delivers a balanced tone and mammoth projection
- Warm mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard offers classic look and feel
- Bone nut and bone saddle deliver smooth tone and lasting sustain
Back to navigationTech Specs
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Round Shoulder Dreadnought
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding:Multi-ply top, Single-ply back
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Rounded
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Standard
- Scale Length:24.75″
- Tuning Machines:Grover Strap with Cream buttons
- Bridge Material:Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.687″
There are no reviews yet.