A Marriage of Modern and Vintage Design
The distinct look of Gibson Acoustic’s Generation Collection now comes as a square-shouldered dreadnought — the G-Bird! The Generation Collection G-Bird acoustic-electric guitar offers a square-shouldered dreadnought’s blend of strength, volume, and focus, as well as stunning looks and stage-ready LR Baggs electronics. Like all Generation acoustics, the G-Bird features a Sitka spruce top with back and sides made from walnut. The result is a sweet-sounding, balanced acoustic guitar with enough power and responsiveness for a variety of styles. Signature Generation G-Bird looks include a striped ebony fingerboard with bar inlays, an oversized pickguard, and a Gibson Player Port. This Player Port soundhole creates a more immersive and attuned practice or performance experience by keeping you in immediate touch with your sound. Looking for a square-shouldered dreadnought plucked from Gibson’s nest of bird-inspired acoustics? With its affordable price and bold features, the G-Bird is worth a look!
The G-Bird’s neck is made from utile, a mahogany-like wood with superb tonal characteristics. The neck features a smooth 24.75-inch striped ebony fingerboard and Gibson’s Advanced Response neck carve, which feels fast and smooth but has a substantive feeling that’s full in the hand. With a neck that plays this smooth, you’ll be able to play longer with less fatigue.
Enhanced Player Port listening
If you play acoustic guitar, you’ve probably noticed that practice space shapes your guitar’s sound in a big way. Larger rooms without sound treatment might sound thinner while smaller rooms can sound more focused and full. That fullness is caused by quick sound waves reflecting off the walls; in other words, you’re hearing the front of your guitar reflected back at you. With Gibson’s Player Port, you can have that crisp, immersive sound quality wherever you take your guitar. By giving an accurate reference of how your guitar sounds, this Player Port can aid your writing, recording, and performances. As an added bonus, the Player Port also puts the G-Bird’s electronics discretely inside the soundhole so that you won’t have an unsightly preamp cut into the side of your pristine Gibson acoustic.
Matchless tonewood quality
The G-Bird teems with gorgeous acoustic tone — and big volume! Its Sitka spruce top yields a direct, punchy sound with incomparable dynamic range. And its walnut back and sides sound like a cross between the dark warmth of rosewood and the bell-like ring of maple. As a dreadnought guitar, the G-Bird not only offers a lot of volume and power, but it also translates well into dynamic fingerpicking and softer playing styles. Unlike a traditional round-shouldered dreadnought, the G-Bird’s shape also helps focus the guitar’s potent low end. The result is a more focused dreadnought voice that’s easy to put to work across nearly any genre you can imagine.
LR Baggs electronics
With the LR Baggs Element Bronze system in the G-Bird, you will want to plug in every chance you get. This renowned system has won over legions of players for its incredibly authentic acoustic tone. The Element under-saddle transducer has a minimalist design and broad surface contact area that help you get the most out of your instrument. It is engineered to sense every movement of your guitar’s top, delivering natural tone that is free of the typical piezo “quack” that can plague many under-saddle designs. It is also a fantastic way for modern fingerstyle players to get the most from their percussive techniques!
Gibson Acoustic Generation Collection G-Bird Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Square-shouldered dreadnought body with lots of volume but tightened focus compared to that of round-shouldered dreadnoughts
- Sitka spruce top with satin finish for rich tonal depth and dash of vibrant sparkle
- Walnut back and sides for warm, transparent response with excellent sustain
- Hardwood utile neck with smooth Gibson Advanced Response neck carve for fast but full-bodied feel
- Striped ebony fingerboard with 20 frets and unique G-collection bar inlays
- Gibson Player Port soundhole for more accurate, immersive monitoring of notes and chords
- Premium hardware, including Grover tuners and TUSQ nut and saddle for solid tuning stability and powerful resonance
- LR Baggs Element electronics for authentic, full, plugged-in tone
- USA-made in Bozeman, Montana
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Square Shoulder Dreadnought
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Walnut
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing
- Neck Wood:Utile
- Neck Shape:Advanced Response
- Fingerboard Material:Striped Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:G-Collection Bars
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:24.75″
- Tuning Machines:Grover Mini Rotomatic
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Tusq
- Nut Width:1.725″
- Electronics:LR Baggs Element Bronze