The Classic Square-shoulder Acoustic Guitar
Having just rounded the corner on its 61st year, the Gibson Hummingbird continues to soar as one of the most legendary acoustics of all time. The Gibson Hummingbird Standard puts classic tone, playability, and design into your hands. The Standard features a solid Sitka spruce top with mahogany back and sides for a stunning blend of punchy treble and midrange from the spruce top, held together with a rich low end from the mahogany back and sides — a tonal presentation that has won over countless rock legends from Keith Richards to Thom Yorke. A rounded “C”-profile neck with rosewood fingerboard offers impeccable playability and response, ideal for strumming big open first-position chords and picking out intricate leads up and down the neck. Also, an onboard LR Baggs VTC pickup system delivers beautiful amplified acoustic tone when you plug in. The many Hummingbird Standard owners here can attest this is that rare acoustic that truly offers a unique playing experience along with one-of-a-kind tone.
Premium tonewoods and appointments
Once you play a Hummingbird and hear it sing, you’ll understand why this guitar has earned the iconic status it holds. The blend of spruce and mahogany covers low, midrange, and treble in nearly equal parts, a big reason why the Hummingbird Standard is so popular among a variety of players across genres. The Standard sounds excellent strummed wide open with a pick or gently plucked with the fingers, making it a solid choice for country, bluegrass, folk, or rock ’n’ roll. And with its classic square shoulder design and legendary pickguard with instantly recognizable artwork, no one can ignore the visual impact of the Hummingbird!
LR Baggs Element VTC active acoustic pickup system
The Hummingbird Standard comes equipped with LR Baggs’s popular Element VTC electronics, which feature a low-profile undersaddle transducer that’s proven more stable and durable than many standard ribbon-type pickups. Combined with an onboard preamp with unobtrusive volume control, which is mounted just inside the soundhole, the Element VTC is a tremendous performer. Its sleek and effective design removes unnecessary internal components to enhance the coupling between the pickup and the guitar and improve the sensitivity of the transducer. The result? A robust, lively, and natural acoustic sound with excellent dynamics and a delicate high end.
Gibson Acoustic Hummingbird Standard Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Classic square shoulder dreadnought delivers unique tone and visual presentation
- Sitka spruce top provides excellent tone and detail that improves over time
- Premium mahogany back and sides deliver full, warm tone
- LR Baggs VTC Element pickup system provides natural and dynamic amplified tone
- Round “C” neck profile; rosewood fretboard with rolled edges for an extra-smooth feel
- Classic square shoulder design and legendary pickguard with instantly recognizable artwork
Back to navigationTech Specs
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Hummingbird Dreadnought
- Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Binding:5-ply top
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Round C
- Fingerboard Material:Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Parallelograms
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:24.75″
- Tuning Machines:Grover Rotomatics
- Bridge Material:Reverse Belly Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Tusq
- Nut Width:1.725″
- Electronics:LR Baggs VTC
There are no reviews yet.