Pick a Blues Legend with the Gibson L-00
You hear it in the mellifluous sound. You feel it in the silky playability. The genius of the Gibson Acoustic L-00 Standard is in the details. Details like the thermally aged Sitka spruce top that delivers superior vintage-inspired tone and appearance. Or the hand-sprayed nitro finish, just like the original models from the 1930s and ’40s. Or the use of hide glue for the hand-scalloped bracing that helps produce the big Gibson sound in a smaller-bodied guitar.
Modern-day incarnation of the legendary L-00
The Gibson L-00 Standard acoustic guitar is descended from Gibson’s legendary 1932 L-00. Whether you think of it as a “parlor guitar” or a “blues box,” the easy-playing Gibson L-00 Standard is perfect for recording and acoustic jams. In the studio, aim a small-diaphragm condenser mic at the 12th fret, and you’re all set for sweet acoustic tone that will hold its own in a thick arrangement. The diminutive size and narrow waist deliver a focused sound that sits great in your track, while its generous lower bout serves up surprisingly robust bottom end. And with its classic finish and faux tortoise pickguard, all eyes will be on you when you take the stage with the Gibson Acoustic L-00 Standard.
Amazing sound onstage
The Gibson L-00 Standard comes with the popular LR Baggs VTC acoustic pickup system, a frequent choice among acoustic guitarists. This system features a low-profile under-saddle transducer that enhances coupling between the pickup and the guitar and provides a robust, lively, and natural acoustic sound with excellent dynamics and delicate high end. Combined with an onboard preamplifier with an unobtrusive and removable volume control, mounted just inside the soundhole, the VTC gives your Gibson L-00 Standard the amplification you need, with zero compromises in tone, appearance, and convenience.
Aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish for classic looks and feel
The Gibson Acoustic L-00 Standard wears a gorgeous thermally aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish, hand-sprayed by Gibson’s talented aging team. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look vintage-y wonderful, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. This guitar has the look (and feel) of an aged, yet well-cared-for, classic.
Over a century of Gibson handcrafted excellence
Gibson’s reputation as a fine guitar builder dates back to the late 1800s. Handcrafted since day one by some of the most skilled luthiers around, Gibson acoustic guitars have inspired countless players around the world. When you pick up a Gibson acoustic guitar, you know you’re getting the finest tonewoods, quality hardware, and incredible attention to detail. These instruments are built to sound great and stand the test of time. After moving from Kalamazoo, Michigan, to Nashville, Tennessee (where Gibson electric guitars continue to be made), Gibson finally settled their acoustic operation in Bozeman, Montana, where they continue making some of the finest guitars on the planet by hand.
Gibson Acoustic L-00 Standard 2019 Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Iconic Vintage Sunburst finish, faux tortoise pickguard
- Mahogany back and sides
- Solid Sitka spruce top, traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing
- 24.75″ scale length; SlimTaper mahogany set neck
- 12″-radius rosewood fingerboard with 19 frets and mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- 1.725″ Graph Tech TUSQ nut
- LR Baggs VTC acoustic pickup system
- Rectangular rosewood bridge with TUSQ saddle and pins
- Grover Mini Rotomatic machine heads
- Hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Handcrafted by Gibson Acoustic’s elite luthiers in Bozeman, Montana
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:00-14 Fret
- Color:Vintage Sunburst
- Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Body Bracing:Traditional Hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Binding:Single-ply Top, Single-ply Back
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:19
- Scale Length:24.75″
- Tuning Machines:Grover Mini Rotomatics
- Bridge Material:Rosewood, Rectangle
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Tusq
- Nut Width:1.725″
- Electronics:LR Baggs VTC Under Saddle Pickup
There are no reviews yet.