The Stunning ’57 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue VOS
The Gibson Custom 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue VOS is oozing with classic tone and vintage-original-spec authenticity. Its eye-grabbing VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish captures the depth, richness, and hue of a genuine ’57 Goldtop Darkback — one of the most iconic solidbody electric guitars ever made. Handcrafted by Gibson’s elite Custom Shop luthiers, the 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue VOS features top-shelf tonewoods, including a solid mahogany body and Chunky C profile neck, a two-piece maple top, and a silky smooth Indian rosewood fingerboard with 22 Historic narrow tall frets, Plek’d to perfection. Plug this beast into your favorite tube amp, and experience fat, snarling ’50s PAF tones, courtesy of CustomBucker Alnico III unpotted pickups. Premium historical appointments, including cellulose Trapezoid inlays and vintage-style Kluson tuners complete this meticulous reissue.
Every inch of this Les Paul has vintage vibe
To capture the essence of the original 1957 Goldtop Darkback, Gibson painstakingly re-created each part piece by piece. The mahogany body, Goldtop finish, and solid rosewood fingerboard are only the beginning. Not only do you get the Chunky C profile neck you’ve been craving, but the accuracy of the details go all the way down to the straight-line positioning of the instrument’s vintage-style Kluson tuners and the size and shape of its cellulose Trapezoid inlays.
CustomBucker pickups deliver pure vintage PAF tone
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to this limited-edition 1957 Goldtop Darkback Les Paul’s electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Every part of its internal signal path was designed to deliver dead-on 1957 Les Paul tone. Of course, it’s next to impossible to find genuine ’50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, this 1957 Goldtop Darkback sports a pair of Gibson’s CustomBucker humbuckers. The CustomBucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever. Take it from guitar experts: The Gibson Custom 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue VOS nails the original look, sound, and feel of a 1957 Les Paul.
Chunky C neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue VOS. You’ll be delighted at how this guitar’s Chunky C profile neck comfortably fills your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the bound Indian rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and the frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Vintage Original Sheen finish, for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson Custom’s Vintage Original Sheen finish option comes standard on Custom Shop Historic Reissue models. The VOS finish package includes lightly aged parts that imparts an authentic vintage patina. The nitrocellulose finished it buffed to a light matte appearance, giving a look and feel of a guitar that has been lovingly played and cared for over the years.
Gibson Custom 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue VOS Features:
- Mahogany body, 2-piece plain maple top; VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck, Chunky C profile, VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Indian Rosewood fingerboard, 12″ radius, 22 Historic narrow tall frets, cellulose nitrate Trapezoid inlays
- 2 unpotted Custombucker Alnico III humbucking pickups
- 3-way pickup selector switch
- Volume and Tone controls for bridge and neck pickups
- ABR-1 bridge with lightweight aluminum Stop Bar
- 24.75″ scale length; 1.69″ nylon nut
- Kluson Single line/single ring tuners
- Factory strings: Gibson 10–46, standard tuning
- Single-action truss rod, headstock access
- Vintage Original Sheen finish package with light matte nitrocellulose and aged hardware
- Includes hard case and Custom Shop certificate of authenticity
- Quality crafted in USA
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body Shape1957 Les Paul
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top Material2-piece Plain Maple
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorDouble Gold with Dark back
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeChunky C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Rosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoids
- Number of Frets22, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.687″
- Nut MaterialNylon
- Bridge/TailpieceABR-1 with Aluminum Stopbar
- TunersKluson Single Line
- Neck PickupCustombucker Alnico III unpotted Humbucker
- Bridge PickupCustombucker Alnico III unpotted Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.