Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
4-string Electric Bass with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 1 Humbucking Pickup – Ebony
Watch Out, This Bass Is a War Machine
Gene Simmons has delivered devilishly memorable low-end riffs for more than 50 years — Kiss fans don’t call him “God of Thunder” for nothing. Gibson Custom’s Gene Simmons EB-0 is a limited-edition re-creation of arguably his most elusive instrument: the heavily modded 1959 Gibson EB-0 played at the tail end of Kiss’s summer ’76 tour, during The Paul Lynde Halloween Special, and on the band’s winter 1976/77 tour. This 4-string electric bass offers supple playability by way of a slinky 30.5-inch scale length and lightning-fast 20-fret fingerboard. Its Custom Bass humbucker, which is closer to the bridge than a stock EB-0, transitions the Gene Simmons EB-0 from a mere electric bass into one capable of emitting a sonic boom. Other custom features include a Kluson HiMass bridge and through-body string ferrules, Grover Mini Bass tuning machines, and a custom-shaped pickguard. Limited to 100 instruments worldwide, the Gene Simmons EB-0 is Gibson Custom’s first short-scale bass, as well as the first bass the Custom Shop has produced in quantity.
Boasting a resonant mahogany body and a nimble mahogany neck, the Gene Simmons EB-0 is a pleasure to wrap your hands around. Its short-scale 30.5-inch scale not only gives this electric bass guitar effortless playability, but it also packs your harmonics closer together for enhanced vibrancy and liveliness. The bassists here also appreciate the ease of this limited-edition instrument’s slick-playing 20-fret Indian rosewood fingerboard. If you want to rock and roll all nite, the Gene Simmons EB-0 is the perfect bass to do it with.
Armed with a single Custom Bass humbucker, the Gibson Custom Gene Simmons EB-0 delivers monster tone. Moreover, this electric bass’s pickup is closer to the bridge than on a stock EB-0, infusing it with extra vigor and clarity. Powerfully augmented by CTS pots and a ceramic capacitor, the Gene Simmons EB-0 stands ready to cut through any mix and hold down the rhythm section.
A deliciously demonic bass
Gene Simmons is an iconic musician with a larger-than-life stage persona, so any instrument he plays needs to fulfill his great expectations. The Gene Simmons EB-0 includes several mods not present on an off-the-shelf EB-0. Its body vaunts a custom gloss ebony finish, along with additional single-ply binding. It also comes with a Kluson HiMass bridge, through-body string ferrules, and Grover Mini Bass tuning machines. A custom-shaped pickguard rounds out the Gene Simmons EB-0’s one-of-a-kind appointments.
Gibson Custom Gene Simmons EB-0 Electric Bass Features:
- A re-creation of Gene Simmons’ heavily modded 1959 Gibson EB-0
- Resonant mahogany body and nimble mahogany neck
- Slinky 30.5-inch scale length and lightning-fast 20-fret fingerboard
- Custom Bass humbucker with CTS pots and a ceramic capacitor
- Kluson HiMass bridge with through-body string ferrules
- Rock-solid Grover Mini Bass tuning machines
- Custom gloss ebony finish, single-ply binding, and custom-shaped pickguard
- Limited to 100 basses built worldwide
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:EB-0
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss (VOS)
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Gene Simmons 1959 EB-0
- Neck Joint:Set Neck
- Fingerboard Material:Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Acrylic Dot
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:30.5″
- Nut Width:1.60
- Nut Material:Nylon
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Kluson High Mass
- Tuners:Grover Mini Bass
- Bridge Pickup:Rhythm SG Bass Humbucker
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x tone