Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Greeny Burst
Spot-on Replica of One of the World’s Most Sought-after Guitars
The Gibson Custom Collector’s Edition Kirk Hammett “Greeny” 1959 Les Paul Standard is an exacting replica of one of the most iconic solidbody electric guitars in the company’s storied history. Its original owner was British blues-rock legend Peter Green (hence its name). It then passed on to Northern Irish guitar icon Gary Moore. And now, after circulating through several private collectors and dealers, the original guitar is in the possession of American thrash-metal extraordinaire Kirk Hammett. The Collector’s Edition “Greeny” Les Paul faithfully re-creates the original guitar’s coveted sound thanks to a set of custom-designed Alnico II humbuckers, one of which employs a reverse magnet that delivers an unmistakable out-of-phase squawk. This guitar’s figured maple top, lightweight mahogany body, custom-profile mahogany neck, Indian rosewood fingerboard, and nickel hardware have been expertly aged by the Murphy Lab, making it a true-to-life stand-in for the original axe. You even get a faux broken headstock to replicate the original instrument’s twice-broken neck, along with Sperzel tuners. The Collector’s Edition Kirk Hammett “Greeny” 1959 Les Paul Standard is among the most sought-after replicas to spring forth from Gibson’s Custom Shop. If you’re a die-hard Les Paul fanatic, this made-to-order guitar is the one you won’t be able to live without.
The legend of “Greeny”
Peter Green originally purchased “Greeny” in the late 1960s, reportedly for sixty guineas (roughly $6 USD), after joining John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers. Green also used the guitar during his tenure with Fleetwood Mac, lending its unmistakable tone to such esteemed classics as “Black Magic Woman,” “Albatross,” and “The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown).” In January 1970, Green generously sold the guitar to his friend Gary Moore, reportedly for £100–£110 (roughly $120–$132 USD). It’s been said that Moore initially hesitated to buy the guitar as he didn’t think he could afford it, which is why Green sold it to him for such a paltry sum. Moore went on to record and perform with “Greeny” until the early aughts. For a tasty helping of Moore’s “Greeny”-wielding sound, check out “Parisienne Walkways” on his 1978 album, Back on the Streets. In 2006, during a period of financial hardship, Moore sold “Greeny” for around $750,000–$1.2 million, after which is was shuffled between numerous dealers and private collectors. Finally, in 2014, the guitar was purchased by Kirk Hammett for around $2 million, and it’s been his #1 instrument ever since.
Custom “Greeny” Alnico II humbuckers
The Gibson Custom Collector’s Edition Kirk Hammett “Greeny” 1959 Les Paul Standard houses a meticulous re-creation of the original guitar’s electronics. As a result, it replicates the original’s one-of-a-kind tone with unerring accuracy, a tone often described as “magic” by numerous guitarists and guitar publications. It all starts with a set of Alnico II Custom “Greeny” Bucker pickups, which are modeled after late-1950s PAF humbuckers. The guitar’s neck pickup is wired out of phase to replicate the original’s sublime, nasal-sounding mid-position tone, which Kirk Hammett described as “the sound of a Strat through a 100-watt Marshall stack.” The neck pickup also features a flipped alnico magnet — another major component of the original guitar’s otherworldly tone. The Collector’s Edition “Greeny” Les Paul also vaunts vintage audio-taper pots that have been hard-wired with bumblebee capacitors. Countless pickup builders have attempted to replicate the “Peter Green mod” with varying degrees of success. That said, Gibson nails it with the Collector’s Edition “Greeny” Les Paul — it’s as close as you can get to the real thing.
Loaded with authentic appointments
We’re impressed with Gibson’s eye for accuracy — the Collector’s Edition Kirk Hammett “Greeny” 1959 Les Paul Standard nails the look, sound, and vibe of the guitar that inspired it. Its figured maple top and lightweight mahogany body are spot-on reproductions of the original guitar. Its mahogany neck boasts a custom profile developed after thoroughly analyzing the original guitar and an easy-playing 12-inch Indian rosewood fingerboard. The instrument includes a faux broken headstock to replicate the original’s twice-broken neck (never fear, no guitar was harmed during the creation of this reissue). The Collector’s Edition “Greeny” Les Paul comes with an aftermarket jack plate, lower control knobs, and Sperzel tuning machines to reflect Gary Moore’s player-preferred modifications. Also, the guitar’s pickguard has been removed (but is included in its case). Finally, this solidbody electric guitar has been treated to the Murphy Lab’s unparalleled aging process.
Gibson Custom Collector’s Edition Kirk Hammett “Greeny” 1959 Les Paul Standard Features:
- An exacting replica of Peter Green’s iconic 1959 Les Paul Standard, now owned by Kirk Hammett
- Figured maple top and lightweight mahogany body are spot-on reproductions of the original guitar
- Set custom-profile neck with hide glue construction and easy-playing 12-inch Indian rosewood fingerboard
- Faux broken headstock replicates the original’s twice-broken neck (headstock was actually not broken on the reissue)
- Custom-designed Alnico II humbuckers faithfully re-create the original guitar’s coveted sound
- Employs custom wiring, including an out-of-phase neck pickup with a flipped alnico magnet
- Vaunts vintage audio-taper pots, which have been hardwired with bumblebee capacitors
- Aftermarket jack plate and lower control knobs, along with Sperzel tuning machines
- ABR-1 bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- Eye-grabbing 1-ply binding and Reissue Trapezoid fingerboard inlays
- Pickguard has been removed (but is included in the case)
- Entire guitar has been treated to the Murphy Lab’s unparalleled aging process
- Very exclusive — made to order
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeLes Paul
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top Material2-Piece Figured Maple
- Body FinishNitrocellulose Lacquer, Heavy Aged “Greeny”
- ColorGreeny Burst
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeAuthentic ’59 Medium C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Rosewood
- Fingerboard InlayCellulose Nitrate Trapezoids
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialNylon
- Bridge/TailpieceABR-1 Adjustable Bridge with Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar
- Neck PickupCustom “Greeny” Alnico II Humbucker
- Bridge PickupCustom “Greeny” Alnico II Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch