Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups
The Holy Grail of Guitars
The 1959 Les Paul is known in musician circles as the Holy Grail of Guitars, and thanks to this spot-on reproduction, you can have one of your very own. This Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS is built from heavenly tonewoods, including a solid mahogany body, beautiful figured maple top, and Indian rosewood fingerboard. Inject your playing with authentic PAF tones, courtesy of CustomBucker pickups and a handwired harness with paper-in-oil capacitors. This true-to-life re-creation also boasts hide-glue construction, a long neck tenon, and vintage-style Kluson tuners. A gorgeous thin VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish completes this 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue.
Every inch of this Les Paul has vintage vibe
To capture the essence of the original 1959 Les Paul Standard, Gibson painstakingly re-created each part piece by piece. The mahogany body, 2-piece figured maple top, nitro finish, and Indian rosewood fingerboard are only the beginning. Not only do you get the Authentic ’59 Medium C profile neck you’ve been craving, but the accuracy of the details goes all the way down to the positioning of the instrument’s vintage-style Kluson single-line/single-ring tuners and the size and shape of its cellulose Trapezoid inlays.
CustomBucker pickups deliver pure vintage PAF tone
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to this guitar’s electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Every part of its internal signal path was designed to deliver dead-on 1959 Les Paul tone. Of course, it’s next to impossible to find genuine ’50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, the 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS sports a pair of unpotted Gibson CustomBucker Alnico III humbuckers. The CustomBucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever.
Authentic ’59 C neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS. You’ll be delighted at how this guitar’s Authentic ’59 C profile neck comfortably fills your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the bound Indian rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and the frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Vintage Original Sheen finish, for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson Custom’s Vintage Original Sheen finish option comes standard on Custom Shop Historic Reissue models. The VOS finish package includes lightly aged parts that imparts an authentic vintage patina. The nitrocellulose finished it buffed to a light matte appearance, giving a look and feel of a guitar that has been lovingly played and cared for over the years.
Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS Features:
- Accurate reproduction of a 1959 Les Paul Standard
- Every detail meticulously re-created to give you the look, sound, and feel of a vintage 1959 model
- Lightweight mahogany body with beautiful figured maple top
- Authentic ’59 C profile neck topped with an Indian rosewood fretboard
- Period-correct details include vintage-style Kluson single-line/single-ring tuners, replica laminated cellulose acetate butyrate pickguard, and original cellulose nitrate trapezoid inlays
- CustomBucker Alnico III pickups for dead-on vintage PAF tone
- 500K CTS pots, handwired harness, paper-in-oil capacitors, and Switchcraft switch
- Hide-glued mahogany neck with long neck tenon for exceptional sustain and response
- Vintage Original Sheen finish package with light matte nitrocellulose and aged hardware
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body Shape1959 Les Paul Standard
- Body MaterialLightweight Mahogany
- Top Material2-Piece Figured Maple
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color 90s Burst
- Neck MaterialSolid Mahogany
- Neck ShapeAuthentic ’59 Medium C
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Rosewood
- Fingerboard InlayCellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.687″
- Nut MaterialNylon
- Bridge/TailpieceNickel-plated Brass ABR-1 with Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar
- TunersKluson Single Line
- Neck PickupCustombucker Alnico III Humbucker
- Bridge PickupCustombucker Alnico III Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.